Review Olympus 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
In using the 75-300 at 300mm I thought that the setup was too light. I found myself relying on the IBIS to stabilize the lens rather than technique. This was because the lens+camera did not have enough mass for my standard technique to work. It looks like I have to work on a new technique for holding this lens.

CO_yeti

Mu-43 Regular
I find it very acceptable when I use correct technique and in good light. Bought mine second hand for a trip to the Grand Tetons. Test shots before the trip were sharp enough, shots on the trip were soft. I found it hard to concentrate on the settings needed for that sharp image with the excitement of a bear walking through the campsite.

Haven't been using it much, but recently got an amazing deal on the Canon 500d Macro filter. 58mm sized and the same across my 75-300, 40-150, and a 135mm vintage prime. We will see if it was worth it with Spring macro season coming up...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom