1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus 75-300mm at Yellowstone and the Tetons

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Maczero, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Maczero

Maczero Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    Fife
    I am just wading through all the pictures that I took during a fantastic 3-week holiday in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons NPs and Cody, Wyoming. I mostly used the 12-50 and the 75-300 with my new OM-D.

I really don't know whether the Oly lens is better or worse than the Panny equivalent as I don't have both. However, I can say that it was a very workable rig with the OM-D and HLD-6 grip. I mostly used 'S' mode to keep the speed up to help with any camera shake and also to freeze motion where needed.

Some images are here:

Lower Falls, Yellowstone River:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-236-L.

Bison herd:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-659-L.

Caught!:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-751-L.

Bronco:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-785-L.

Taking the Turn:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-840-L.

Yellowstone personified:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-1312-L.

Canary Springs:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-1369-L.

Early morning, Oxbow Bend, Grand Tetons NP:

YellowstoneTetonGlacierNP-1916-L.

These are all OOC jpegs, given the much-derided auto enhance treatment in Aperture. I am still key wording and haven't done more than a basic initial run over possible selects and certainly no major pp. For basic web sharing and small printing you could waste a lot of time with a raw image (I have!) and not get significantly better results than the Oly jpeg and the A3.3 auto enhance. Large scale printing, ultimate picture quality etc - probably a different matter.

Andrew

• Like Like x 2
  2. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

Nice shots Andrew, and thanks for posting full size. I think the Canary Springs shows good sharpness at 300mm.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Some nice grabs there! :smile:

4. hypnomatt

hypnomatt Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Love the lone bison one. Its just screaming for a mono conversion!!