Showcase Olympus 75-150mm f/4 OM

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by phrenic, Oct 10, 2011.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I guess this isn't a popular lens. :smile:

Shot at f4, 150mm, on a G1. 2 similar shots but different orientations might make it a bit easier to check out the corner sharpness.

Kind of a fun lens, but it sure isn't replacing the mZ 40-150mm. This thing is heavy as hell.
  2. fredsh

fredsh Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2010
    Long Island NY
    Hello, I was hoping to see your pictures shot with this lens. I was looking for another user and owner to "compare notes" with.
    I started using mine, which I think is something like 35 years old,- last year in the fall. I had a kit lens,- a 70-150 I think it was. It came with the E-500 that I bought in 2006, and I sold it for lack of use, and to have cash for a camera upgrade.
    But the birds at my feeder were beckoning, and I dug out my old OM lenses and resurrected the 70-150.
    Its a bit of a pain to use. Certainly not quick to focus. But i can't part with it. Yes, its heavy, but it's well made. Optically so-so, in my non-expert estimation! I seem to have best results at f/11. My current camera is a E-M5.
    I wonder, do you go into the menus to change the lens focal length? And what do you set it at, 150 or 300?
    I have to "experiment" more.
    I had to laugh at your opening statement!
    Yeah, not popular at all!! And they don't fetch much on eBay to make worth selling!
  3. fredsh

fredsh Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2010
    Long Island NY
    I was referring to the image stabilization above, whether you set that adjustment at 150 or 300. Sorry, i had a senior moment!
  4. mpg01

mpg01 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    For any manual lens you would set the focal length for image stabilization. Set it to the closest actual focal length of the lens as opposed to the full frame equivalent. With a legacy zoom you would need to reset the IS focal length as your focal length changes. This can be a little frustrating if you have a lens that creeps. If you go with a tripod you can turn the IS off. If you experience lens bounce engage the timer to allow the camera to settle before the shutter releases.

And by all means feel free to post some examples.