Showcase Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 PRO

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
Granted it does not falls into the proper photographic perspective but this is close the "Vanishing Point Perspective" your article cited when you don't shoot straight into the horizon and vertical all straight lines point to the middle of the image depending the direction you point to, but those lines are still straight and not curvy like a fisheye.

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
Granted it does not falls into the proper photographic perspective but this is close the "Vanishing Point Perspective" your article cited when you don't shoot straight into the horizon and vertical all straight lines point to the middle of the image depending the direction you point to, but those lines are still straight and not curvy like a fisheye.
That still doesn't change the meaning of perspective. Period. It's an important and fundamental concept that most misunderstand.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Nam-in-Sonoma said:

Honestly the Seven5 Holder and adaptor ring cost more than the one I put up the link and you get the 10 Stopper for "Free"
Hi Nam, thanks for the 7-14 filter adapter link. That missing item is what has been holding me back on the 7-14, but today I ordered one.

The link for the filter adapter says the filter pictured is not included and I did not see a kit including a 10 stop Grad. By "Free" did you mean the reduced cost of this system vs the Lee one?

My current ND filters are the 85mm size, so since I now need 100mm size specifically for this lens only, what would you suggest? I was thinking a 10 stop and 2 or 3 stop soft grad ND to start.

Last edited:

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
Sorry I misspoke about the 10 stop filter. Yes the cost is much lesser than the Lee system. On top on that the Haida is more neutral and doesn't produce the blue color cast like the Lee.

I did have also the Seven5 Lee system before because of other lens I have 12mm, 25mm, 45mm and 75mm I might have to keep as well the Seven5 system because of their diameter except for the 75mm which has 58mm thread, for the other I need to use step up ring which would increase the distance between the filter and the lens.

I got almost the same as what you are planning to get. This is what I got the 7-14mm Haida Holder system, 10 stop ND, 3 stop ND, 3 stop soft Grad (84dot5 instead of Haida, @wonglp suggested) and 2 stop reversed GND (better when the bright light is at the horizon at sunset or sunrise).

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Thank you for the info.

One other question Nam. I see on the Haida USA website they sell the 150mm filter holder kit with their own adapter as the solution for the 7-14mm Oly. The Photosphere SG kit is the 100mm Haida holder. Have you had any problem with vignetting when using the SG holder with 2 filters? I would much rather use the 100mm kit if vignetting is not too bad.

Haida 150 Series Filter Holder Set for Olympus M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 7-14mm 2.8 PRO Lens - 150 Series Filter System - Products

PS, I checked your Flicker page, nice work with the 7-14 and thanks for the close-up photos of the SG adapter. Funny, I have the same Gitzo G1227 tripod and Acratech BH as you. But I do use a GT1541 travel tripod with small Markins bullhead for most overseas travel. Works great with the M4/3 setup including the 40-150 f/2.8.

Last edited:

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam
I was going to order that one as well, but I have a friend who ordered it and returned it because it's too big and cumbersome. Plus the filters at 150mm is more expensive as well. However, if the size and prince won't bother you, I think it's more flexible to work with and won't have vignetting because of the oversize filter. The 100mm works fine unless you rotate the filter, which create vignette.

I love my combo of tripod and bullhead...for sure is a bit long for traveling.

Nam-in-Sonoma

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Nam

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom