Showcase Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 PRO

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Birmingham Central Library today. The first and only useable shot on account of I hadn't realised the full implications of getting water droplets on the front element of this lens! None of my panos were any good.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A set of night shots with the 7-14mm in Toronto some weeks ago (cross post with the Night shots thread)
48885598672_6d459f73e7_o.jpg

48885597562_74ee5d8575_o.jpg

48885597242_859284e1d2_o.jpg

48885600052_b0d386a9d9_o.jpg

Last edited:

Aperture Don

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Also posted in the "Show Cars" thread.

nwphil

Mu-43 Regular
3-shot panno -stitched in LR

Robert Clayson

Mu-43 Rookie
I mainly shoot cars and motorsport, here a few images using the 7-14

PA061033-4.jpg
PC040075-2.jpg
P8281054.jpg
P6250166.jpg
P7040113-PSedit.jpg

Last edited:

Antonio Correia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Giuseppe, I was influenced by the publicity and yes I bought a Sony A7III and a couple of lenses. I have been weak ! :cautious:

I am not selling my m43 system. I use both. The advantage is that m43 is light compared to Sony which is great to travel.
However, certain situations when I go out and do not have to walk great distances, the Sony is better as I like it's colours and overall quality.
This 7-14 Oly has only one issue for me: the front lens is too protuberant and sometimes the lights gets into the picture. This I think is not happening with Panasonic lens.
Another one with the 7-14

nwphil

Mu-43 Regular
Last week, near Tilly Jane Cabin, Mount Hood, Oregon (Art Mode, Dramatic Tone II)
snowshadows.jpg

Real Name
Jeffrey Behr
For info, I bought solely the adapter without STCs filters for other filter options (I think that made it cheaper, at least it was the intention :) ). With these slim filters, Benro CPL and NISI UV, there's no vignetting on an E-M1 II or an E-P5 (haven't tried the other cameras listed above). I couldn't find an 105mm slim ND3 filter so I bought a thicker Haida which means vignetting at the widest angles. All three filters stacked here (just to show, not for imaging).
View attachment 657492

As I grinded the hood top a little, it means the filters will come a little closer to the lens and make the vignetting less than otherwise when stacking or using a thick filter like the Haida ND3 (with the Haida, vignetting is gone from ~7.5mm).
How does this adapter attach to the lens? Just slides on and stays until one pulls it off?

I just ordered a 7-14/2.8 lens and am resisting ordering ANY filters or adapters.. I've used Fotodiox WonderPana66 systems for screw-on AND 100mm slide-in filters on MANY UWA lenses (too many for me to remember), but it's just too bulky for me now. I am considering the H & Y adapter...
https://www.adorama.com/hyfoh100.ht...14mm+f2.8+pro+lens+#oh100&searchredirect=true
...for already-owned slide-in filters (only; apparently the H & Y isn't designed for screw-in filters, which is OK with me).

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How does this adapter attach to the lens? Just slides on and stays until one pulls it off?
Yes, it slides on and then tightened to the lens by screwing it, feels like a standard part of the lens. I've got mine on permanently. Of course, it expands the lens volume somewhat but enables me to always have a UV filter for protection. Works really fine though quality filters at 105mm doesn't come cheap...

Real Name
Jeffrey Behr
OK boys and girls...I am thoroughly confused about filter systems for this lens. I've used many copies of the Fotodiox WonderPana66 system on many different UWA lenses. That filter system accomodates both 145mm screw-on filters and also, with the slide-in-filter 'ears' mounted, 168mm/6.6"-wide rectangular filters. Some of the filters sytems mentioned, such as the H&Y, seem to accomodate 100mm-wide rectangular filters. My inference is that the 100s will not cause cornerdarkening with the lens set at 7mm. Is this correct? Or do I need Fotodiox 168mm-wide slide-in filters to avoid cornerdarkening?

The WonderPana66 'basic-plus'* system is certainly affordable at $125...
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...pfa_core_om_mft_714_wp66_freearc_kit_for.html
...but I'd have to buy many-hundred$ of filters for just one lens, and I already have many 100mm-wide filters (and lens-mount rings) for my Formatt Hitech 100mm system.

Also, could someone pls point me at the I-believe-100mm filter system that has the soft-looking initial ring that slides onto the lenshood? I can't find it.

* That's the two-part adapter ring designed for the Oly 7-14/2.8, a 145mm 'holdercap', and the pair of 'ears' required to hold slide-in filters.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom