Showcase Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Never give up. Young spiders can regrow their legs, but it seems this brave spider couldn't anymore. Still even with only five legs remaining it could reproduce.

Olympus E-M10 II, Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro.

ISO 200, f/14, 1/180. No cropping, edited with Dxo Photolab 4.

(My webpage is not up yet.)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dougpayne

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
C.D. Payne
Not much to photograph in the garden these days.

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Happy dragonfly sunbathing in the summer heat.

Olympus E-M10 II, Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro.

ISO 200, f/11, 1/40. No cropping, edited with Dxo Photolab 4.

(My webpage is not up yet.)

Real Name
Guy
Not a macro pic I know but I've been experimenting with Focus Stacking...this handheld, look at that Depth of Field!

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A slightly different shot and processing to the one I posted in the spider thread yesterday. Took about 20 of these to get the ones i liked. A bit darker PP this time

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I love the images this lens can produce, but I find it maddening to use at times. Today outside in sub-freezing temps, the AF kept hunting. I used the focus limiter dial for the appropriate distance but that didn't matter. The subject wasn't small, frozen bubbles about 5cm diameter.
My only experience with another dedicated macro lens was from my old Pentax K5 days using a Tamron 90mm. That combo hit focus immediately and on target every time. I know it's probably me but I don't know what to try next for better results.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
I love the images this lens can produce, but I find it maddening to use at times. Today outside in sub-freezing temps, the AF kept hunting. I used the focus limiter dial for the appropriate distance but that didn't matter. The subject wasn't small, frozen bubbles about 5cm diameter.
My only experience with another dedicated macro lens was from my old Pentax K5 days using a Tamron 90mm. That combo hit focus immediately and on target every time. I know it's probably me but I don't know what to try next for better results.
Contrast Detect AF can struggle with a snowy white backdrop.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes this lens hunts too much for my liking as well.
What seems to help is to either focus on something a similar distance then go back to your subject or try to manual focus to get it close. but trying to manual focus with this lens seems hit and miss as well some times it seems to work and other times you keep turning the ring and never get anything in focus.
Hopeing the rumoured 100mm macro lens is better at AF & MF

Not sure what camera you refer to, but my EM5 1 & 2 are notorious hunters with any lens.
It's not the 60mm lens that's the problem.
There's been much written here and elsewhere.
As retiredforlife says, focus on something then onto the subject is often the quicker or only way to overcome.

My wife is working on her cooking skills and I am trying to do some food photography. We're having lots of fun...and good meals :)
It makes the wait for the restaurants to open again a bit less painful.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom