1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 60/2.8 macro review at optyczne

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dhazeghi, Nov 12, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The Polish site optyczne (the source for the reviews at lenstip.com) has just reviewed the 60/2.8. They had no significant complaints other than some astigmatism, and recommend it strongly. I'm going off the google translation, but it should appear in English on lenstip.com in a few days.

From the charts, it seems to be a little sharper than PL 45/2.8 in both the center and corners, and even equals the 75/1.8 in the center, though not in the corners.

From the review, the 60/2.8:
    73495_roz.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The 45/2.8
    3341_roz.jpg

The 75/1.8
    3712_roz.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The English translation is now up on Lenstip.com

From the conclusion:

"I don’t write a lot about the lens itself because there is no need to go on about it. Firstly it doesn’t have any competition in the Micro 4/3 system, secondly it is so good that you can recommend it to anybody, as we are doing right now."​

I'd say they liked it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    It does sound like a really fine lens. I think I'd rather have the 75mm, though. :cool: 

4. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Its one of the best macro lenses out on any platform on any system ever. I've used a lot/most of them from Nikon, Canon, Leica, Zeiss, etc.

Olympus is really good at making macro lenses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.