Showcase Olympus 50mm f/1.8 OM

anidel

Mu-43 Regular
I just show a full weekend with it :) Will show the pictures soon on flickr and a small selection here.
Gotta love London thru this lens!

jbuch84

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
James
Self Portrait w/ the OM 50mm F1.8 :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

anidel

Mu-43 Regular
Nice.

Btw, I guess this lens is pretty sharp for being a 'Japan' version. Look at the spider web near the lamp!

Sorry, however, as I forgot at which aperture I shot this one:

"Lamp in the terrace overlooking the Thames at the Mayflower pub in historic Rhotherithe" from my London Walks set.
Shot w/ Olympus E-PL2 w/ Olympus Zuiko OM 50mm F/1.8 @ F?, ISO 200, 1/1250

NaturalWoman

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Valerie
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/valeriemorrisonphotographycom/6186658103/" title="Olympus 50 f1.8 by valeriemorrisonphotography, on Flickr">
"800" height="533" alt="Olympus 50 f1.8"></a>

trying to decide if i can get by with this lens and not place my order again for the oly 45mm. the lens shown is the OM 28mm. i gave up my FT 50 because it hunted to death. now the 45 with the larger aperture should have no problem focusing. but i only need it for specialized work.

this was taken with the EP3 and the OM 50 wide open, if i'm not mistaken. SOOC with in camera art filter applied. this lens is not bad, i use it on my four third camera and have gotten great results.

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just got my hands on the OM adapter..first shots with the lens. Way more pleasant than my plastic Canon FD 50mm. Such a wonderful build quality/feel! A shame it's a pain to focus on the E-P1 lcd screen..so fuzzy it's really hard to tell when you're in focus..not to mention the movement as you try to focus. I'm pretty happy with the results. Seems fairly sharp with nice colours. Decent enough rendering in the OOF areas..though not my fav focal length with the crop factor. A bit..unwieldly perhaps.

All shot at 1.8, straight JPG on E-P1.

View attachment 177364

View attachment 177365

And where would we be without the token flower shot..
View attachment 177366

anidel

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah focusing with the 7X zoom on the LCD and shaky hands (100mm is quite a small telephoto), is not easy at all, particularly at night.
But it's doable.

Soon I'll get a VF-2 :)

So far so good though, and I am starting to learn to focus without relying on the 7X zoom to focus, but at 1.8 it gets VERY tricky (quite thin DOF).

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Oh one more from my test shots. This time on a G1, again default jpg only. Nice to have that 1.8 aperture. Combined with the long focal length and you can get some decent control over the DOF. Heh..this one kinda reminds me almost like a tilt shift lens effect.

View attachment 177368
P1040735 by one.mic, on Flickr

okinana

Mu-43 Veteran

okinana

Mu-43 Veteran

Brewed4Thought

Mu-43 Rookie
I help promote pint nights at local pubs. With a new Fotodiox adapter I was anxious to use the Olympus 50mm f/1.8 lens. All these shots were taken wide open thanks to the dim lighting in the pub. I processed the RAW images using Olympus Viewer 2, compensated for lighting in post and boosted the exposure. Hope you like.

hannu108

Mu-43 Rookie
Photos from Saturday at Rousham Gardens, Oxfordshire, UK. Both at f2.8, RAW. Will update with exif later on. No tone curve adjustments, sharpening turned off in RAW. Slight saturation adjustment and a very little sharpening in Photoshop.

Such an amazing little lens - these photos are sharp and well resolving even at 100% crop. Click to view a bit larger than these "thumbnails".
Great and sharp! I'd like to see the raw files.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom