Showcase Olympus 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 ZD 4/3 SWD

With the EC-14 @ 283mm
_SBA0717.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is fantastic Steve (as are the others in the 'Birds' thread)... the EC-14 is definitely on my want list!
The EC-14 is very convenient and sharp with objects that are up to 30 meters away. Focus in good light is fast and accurate. When I think about returning to Africa (post pandemic) I think about taking the 50-200 and EC-14 because in 95% of wildlife safari conditions, animals are so close to the vehicle you don't need more than 200mm and when you do you can always drive closer or pop on the EC-14. The EC-20 is not fast to focus in the best light and you need a very steady hand or a tripod to get sharp shots with it. Probably better to use the EC-14 and crop IMHO. I wish Olympus would make a 50-200 f2.8 to 3.5 in m43 format with fast focus and usable C-AF.

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My used ec-14 TC arrived in today's mail, so I tested it out on my also recently acquired 50-200 swd. Weighs a lot, but I love what this lens can do.
omd032521_67_edited-1-sharpen-stabilize_edited-1.jpg
omd032521_220_edited-1-sharpen-focus_edited-1.jpg
omd032521_218_edited-1-sharpen-stabilize_edited-1.jpg

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
Made the effort this morning to take this lens out with my Pen-F to a local 'Castle' for sunrise (up at 5am) and was rewarded with mist and a passing cyclist. I'm currently trialling DXO's FilmPack5 hence perhaps the unusual edit, the preset used is called Nostalgia.

51127958806_c8284fe5c4_c.jpg

Passing Cyclist

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
Telephoto of bugs in flight is a challenge!

P4170225.jpg

Lee Perrins

Mu-43 Regular
I'll add my "I've just bought one, and the weather and light have been rubbish ever since, but I'm still impressed with what it can do" post :)

So here is a shot of a Song Thrush (Turdus philomelos) from further away than I would have liked, which I grabbed while my kid was feeding the mallards (duckus greedios)

I've never owned a long lens that is actually sharp before. I love it, and I'm already weighing up an EC-14.
P5160322.jpg

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
P5160008.jpg

Zman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yesterday, we hit a daily record high of 90* F which is rare for my region in May. The Eastern Screech Owl that nests in a tree in the backyard was out all day. Although I'm no expert it didn't seem distressed but was panting and breathing thru its mouth. My daughter's dog does the same thing during hot weather. Maybe it helps some kind of cooling procedure ? No owlets seen this year and I'm beginning to feel time is running out for that.
omd052121_8_edited-1-sharpen-motion_edited-1.jpg

Gabyto

New to Mu-43
Yesterday, we hit a daily record high of 90* F which is rare for my region in May. The Eastern Screech Owl that nests in a tree in the backyard was out all day. Although I'm no expert it didn't seem distressed but was panting and breathing thru its mouth. My daughter's dog does the same thing during hot weather. Maybe it helps some kind of cooling procedure ? No owlets seen this year and I'm beginning to feel time is running out for that.
View attachment 889171
Beautiful picture...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom