Olympus 45mm

chrism_scotland

Mu-43 Veteran
I think I'd probably keep the 50 as it was dirt cheap and I'm going to need the FD adaptor for a macro lens but the 24mm wasn't all that cheap, was around £100 used over here and while its an incredibly sharp lens (I'll need to compare it to my 20mm) its £100 that could be put toward my 12/14mm & 45mm fund!

The 25mm looks good but really expensive and I'm not sure I'd really notice the difference between 20 and 24mm/25mm anyway so I think I'd want either the 12 or 14mm, 20mm and 45mm and that would probably do me lens wise!

Bill

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill (really)
I've been hoping to hear that either Panasonic or Sigma will be coming out with a fast portrait prime in the 45mm range. I would very much like stabilisation, but if there's no word by the time the Olympus 45mm is available, then I'm going for it. It's a good price if the traditional Olympus quality is there.

With the recent Olympus emphasis on focusing speed, it should be quick. But will it be quick on a G3? Only time will tell.

nickthetasmaniac

Mu-43 All-Pro
With the recent Olympus emphasis on focusing speed, it should be quick. But will it be quick on a G3? Only time will tell.

I've been using both Olympus and Panasonic lenses on my GH2 and they're both fast, so hopefully the 45mm should be good :)

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro

I will say that the 12/2 is surprisingly fast on my GF1. As in, it feels like it matches my fastest focusing lens, the 14-45. It gave me a lot of confidence that the 45/1.8 will be similar.

Latest threads

Top Bottom