1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus 45mm lockup

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Moris, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Moris

Moris Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2016
    After attach the lens my lens it "locked up" immediately, when I put a different lens on the camera, the problem disappeared?
    The screen went dark and no image appeared. It is no longer possible to even look through the viewfinder, only the menus appear

Monday at dawn, I'm gone for a midweek, unfortunately without my favorite lens

The lens is no longer in warranty!
    Has this happened to anyone else here?

2. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    With several camera bodies dating from 2010-2013, and a half dozen lenses, I occasionally see the same problem. It's usually a lens that wasn't mounted right. My 45mm has always been my tightest fitting lens, and if I don't give it a good wiggle to seat it. it will sometimes mount slightly unaligned and give me a black screen.

Press the lens release button, and you see the same effect. If you can click the lens onto the camera and itstill happens, well then the lens is truly busted.

3. Moris

Moris Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2016
    With the power on, I have just removed the lens ... came back light through the viewfinder!
    Once again the same lens is mounted on the camera, the camera becomes suddenly blocked.

With a different lens this problem does not apply.

4. Moris

Moris Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2016
    Press and release the lens release button a couple of times. Every now and then i hear the little metal "prong" on the camera's lens mount ring (the prong closest to the release button). When in that position, the camera doesn't recognize the lens is attached?

I may assume that the lens is dead and a repair too expensive?

5. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    How do the contacts look on the 45?

My E-M1 did this, at first only with my 40-150mm (non-PRO) and I thought I had a bad lens. But after a while it started to intermittently do it with different lenses. Eventually ALL my "digital" lenses (those that communicate with the camera) where doing this completely (manual only lenses still worked fine). I had to send in the E-M1 for repair. They had to replace the "Frame Contact Mount Unit".

6. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    I get it too, but only with dodgy adapted lenses where the "hole" on the adapted is not perfectly in line with the retention pin on the camera throat.
    On one adapter I need to wiggle occasionally just a bit to hear the pin click and go in the hole to let the camera know the lens is mounted correctly
    Native Zuiko and Panasonic lenses mount with no trouble.