Olympus 45mm Lens hood (options) with a 46mm thread?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Jay86, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Hey all,

Im wondering if there is a metal lens hood that screw's into the 37mm thread of the Olympus 45mm lens but has a 46mm thread on the front of the lens hood that then 46mm filters could screw into?

I found these so far but I dont know if any of them have a 46mm front that has threads for filters to then screw into (also, do those silver one's have black coloured one's anywhere?):

Input appreciated from anyone that may own any of those above lens hoods or has suggestions on other hoods. Really wish Oly had made this lens with a 46mm front (quality filters are not cheap ya, know!)....

2. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Sorry i never checked your links but one solution would be to use a step up ring from 37-46 and also get a 3 in 1 collapsible rubber hood that screws into the 46mm thread which also has an internal 46mm thread for filters and lens caps, I have several and the versatility of the 3 positions (wide angle, standard & telephoto) for use on several lenses with different FL is great and they are cheap plus the silicone rubber protects the lens better IMO.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestion. Its not a bad idea actually! :2thumbs:

Still would love to know if any of the lens hoods I posted above have threads on the front for a 46mm filter if anyone knows....
  4. mossback

mossback New to Mu-43

May 23, 2011
    I've got the EZ-Foto, and can confirm that it has 46mm threads on the front. The hood is all metal and of relatively good quality.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Thats awesome! Do you know if it comes in black anywhere?

Also, is it just me or the rainbow imaging and ezfoto lens hood are the exact same lens hood just re-branded.... ?