Olympus 45mm Lens Free with E-M5 Purchase! (UK and Ireland Only)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    8050814393_17e4a2b48a_o.

What a deal! The Olympus 45mm f/1.8 is a stunning lens, worth every penny of the $399 it currently sells for.

Congrats to our members in the UK and Ireland - this is a no brainer.

[Thanks bobster]

• Like Like x 2
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    FYI - deal will be valid in Ireland too (not UK only).

DH

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, fixed OP.

4. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Hey what's going on in USA?!

5. DeFrank

DeFrank Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2012
    /UK
    Even without our national sales tax we are paying the equivalent of $1339 (with sales tax $1607) for the body only, so believe me we are still paying for the lens!

6. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    I really wish Olympus USA offered "buy X camera and get X accessory free" deals the way that Olympus UK does.

This isn't the first time that Olympus UK has offered a great product for free just for buying a camera that you already want to buy.

Granted, I already own an obscene amount of camera gear, but if Olympus USA had a deal like that back when I bought my 45mm lens I would have bought the more expensive OM-D (which I don't really need) just because of the great deal that includes the lens I was planning to buy. Now that I own the 45mm I wouldn't take advantage of this particular deal.

Maybe when the next top-of-the-line OM-D body comes out Olympus USA can offer an instant rebate (NOT one of those stupid mail-in rebates) on the price of the new 17mm f/1.8 lens if purchased together. Not free, considering the price of the lens, but a discount.

I'd be MUCH more likely to upgrade my camera and pick up the new 17mm at the same time if there's a really good package deal. Hopefully someone from Olympus USA is reading this.

7. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    JJJ, the delivered price in the UK for an OM-D from Amazon UK is £1150

1150 British pounds sterling = 1852.7650 US dollars

8. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    £999 body only from Amazon, and there are cheaper sellers.

I already have the 45mm... very tempted to go for this if someone wants a new 45mm for £200 or so.

*edit*

Do we have a list of authorised sellers in the UK so I can shop around?

*edit*

OlympusUK just tweeted a dealer list, which apparently isn't completely up to date, but basically as long as they buy the camera through Olympus UK, and don't import you should be fine.

9. random_tangent

random_tangent Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
    Do you have a link to the dealer list by any chance? I've searched the oly twitter feed but can't see to find it.

Cheers!

10. mf100

mf100 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Sawbridgeworth, England
    Matthew
    I think this could be the deal that breaks my resolve.
    But can I sell enough of my possessions on ebay to pay for it, especially since I've just spent over £700 on the Oly 60mm Macro and Oly FL-600R Flash???? :eek: