1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 45mm Lens Free with E-M5 Purchase! (UK and Ireland Only)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    8050814393_17e4a2b48a_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What a deal! The Olympus 45mm f/1.8 is a stunning lens, worth every penny of the $399 it currently sells for.

Congrats to our members in the UK and Ireland - this is a no brainer.

[Thanks bobster]

• Like Like x 2
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    FYI - deal will be valid in Ireland too (not UK only).

DH

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, fixed OP.

4. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Hey what's going on in USA?!

5. DeFrank

DeFrank Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2012
    /UK
    Even without our national sales tax we are paying the equivalent of $1339 (with sales tax $1607) for the body only, so believe me we are still paying for the lens!

6. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    I really wish Olympus USA offered "buy X camera and get X accessory free" deals the way that Olympus UK does.

This isn't the first time that Olympus UK has offered a great product for free just for buying a camera that you already want to buy.

Granted, I already own an obscene amount of camera gear, but if Olympus USA had a deal like that back when I bought my 45mm lens I would have bought the more expensive OM-D (which I don't really need) just because of the great deal that includes the lens I was planning to buy. Now that I own the 45mm I wouldn't take advantage of this particular deal.

Maybe when the next top-of-the-line OM-D body comes out Olympus USA can offer an instant rebate (NOT one of those stupid mail-in rebates) on the price of the new 17mm f/1.8 lens if purchased together. Not free, considering the price of the lens, but a discount.

I'd be MUCH more likely to upgrade my camera and pick up the new 17mm at the same time if there's a really good package deal. Hopefully someone from Olympus USA is reading this.

7. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    JJJ, the delivered price in the UK for an OM-D from Amazon UK is £1150

1150 British pounds sterling = 1852.7650 US dollars

8. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    £999 body only from Amazon, and there are cheaper sellers.

I already have the 45mm... very tempted to go for this if someone wants a new 45mm for £200 or so.

*edit*

Do we have a list of authorised sellers in the UK so I can shop around?

*edit*

OlympusUK just tweeted a dealer list, which apparently isn't completely up to date, but basically as long as they buy the camera through Olympus UK, and don't import you should be fine.

9. random_tangent

random_tangent Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
    Do you have a link to the dealer list by any chance? I've searched the oly twitter feed but can't see to find it.

Cheers!

10. mf100

mf100 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Sawbridgeworth, England
    Matthew
    I think this could be the deal that breaks my resolve.
    But can I sell enough of my possessions on ebay to pay for it, especially since I've just spent over £700 on the Oly 60mm Macro and Oly FL-600R Flash???? :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.