Olympus 45mm for $283.

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
I looked this morning. The black version is an option too.

As far as I can tell, black or sliver, is available for

+ 15 shipping to USA (looks like shipping is actually free up to 5000Y so this should be $0)
+ 5% fee for international orders (i.e. $14)

+ pay customs fee (whatever that is, maybe this can be skipped)

Looks like total price is $295 + whatever customs fee pops up (Black or silver)

A great deal with some international uncertainty....

Edit... shipping looks like it is free

Oh wow that wasn't there I don't think yesterday (the black lens part). Now Im definitely in. Even if they charge 12% BC sales tax + 4% duty + brokerage fee on top that still wont be more than $340 Canadian... that's still around $80-$100 less than local prices. Will put in my order soon I think :biggrin:

Thanks for posting nuclearboy or I dont think I would have looked again!

dav1dz

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Rakuten is the biggest online shopping website here in Japan. It's not a scam, it's due to the weak yen :smile:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

They recently bought Buy.com in the US, and Play.com in the UK.

I don't know how familiar you're with e-readers but they also bought Kobo.

lattiboy

Mu-43 Regular

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I smell a scam...

It's not a scam. Rakuten bought out buy.com in the US. They are legit.

There prices aren't even low enough to be in scam territory. For Japan, their prices are high. RX100 is about $516. You can get it from other Japanese camera stores for around $430. The RX1 is $2700. You can get it from other stores for $2100. Rakuten does ship worldwide. The other camera stores don't.

voltcontrol

Mu-43 Regular
Rakuten is connected to several national search engines in Europe for over a year (from what I've seen), so they are pretty internationally oriented. Just another one of the big international retailers..

arson519

Mu-43 Regular
Rakuten is the biggest online shopping website here in Japan. It's not a scam, it's due to the weak yen :smile:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

lol after i put my order in my credit card company called me asking if i did an online purchase because they thought somethings was fishy

arson519

Mu-43 Regular
Oh wow that wasn't there I don't think yesterday (the black lens part). Now Im definitely in. Even if they charge 12% BC sales tax + 4% duty + brokerage fee on top that still wont be more than $340 Canadian... that's still around $80-$100 less than local prices. Will put in my order soon I think :biggrin:

Thanks for posting nuclearboy or I dont think I would have looked again!

i bought a lens from japan before and i did not get charged anything from dutys

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
lol after i put my order in my credit card company called me asking if i did an online purchase because they thought somethings was fishy

Credit card companies do not like to see foreign transactions unless they've been informed to expect them beforehand. One of my CC companies doesn't like to see them even if I've informed them. They always lock my card after a foreign transaction and I have to call in to unlock it.

billsnyder

Mu-43 Rookie
In for one black... glad I didnt jump on the $50 discount. I have been watching for a deal on these for a while. Good find!

thchen

Mu-43 Regular
POS! all my credit cards have foreign transaction fees now. ARGH.

also, are the panny 20mm available on rakuten? I'd love to pick one up for < $300...

Latest threads

Top Bottom