Olympus 45mm for $283.

Kenny

Mu-43 Regular
I will stay away from bank transfer if I were you. No guarantee. Just deal with PayPal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

corns5

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Carol
Yep, agree, so I will NOT order if a bank transfer is the only means to purchase this lens. If they agree to paypal, then it will be fine. Giving out bank info is NOT a good idea or wise! :eek:

rkris

Mu-43 Regular
I am also tempted to buy the silver EP-5 kit with VF at Mikasa Camera / Rakuten.com, but the I'm hestitant to pay by bank transfer. Has anyone bought anything from Mikasa Camera and paid by bank transfer?

Edit : Nevermind, I saw that another store offered Paypal-payments.

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
Are any of you interested in this lens? I could get it for you guys for around the same price and you can pay me by Paypal so you'll have some protection. I am in Tokyo.

Although I think the shipping will be an extra $20 or so. I know for major US cities it will arrive in about 4-5 days via EMS/USPS (fully insured).

Let me know, I just want to help... as long as I don't lose money I will gladly do you guys some favor.

MarylandUSA

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
Used prices should plummet in 2014, after Panasonic launches the 42.5mm f/1.2. Until then, I hope I can get by with my one telephoto lens: An adapted Minolta MD 100/2.5 (310g, 49mm filters).

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
Used prices should plummet in 2014, after Panasonic launches the 42.5mm f/1.2. Until then, I hope I can get by with my one telephoto lens: An adapted Minolta MD 100/2.5 (310g, 49mm filters).
I doubt they would be in the same price range so there is very little chance the price of this lens will plummet. Besides it's quite cheap already in the first place.

tjdean01

Mu-43 Top Veteran
God, this is so tempting. But I think I'm going to wait until I "deserve" it. I will give me something to look forward to and more reason to not procrastinate in my business. So, I think the next time I make a big sale that nets me a lot of money, instead of a buying an expensive bottle of liquor like I did last time, I think I might buy the lens. Even if I have to spend $400 for it. And for some reason I would never get the black. Silver only for me!

MarylandUSA

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
But many 45/1.8 owners bought that lens because it was the best fast telephoto available at the time. They'll trade up when offered a better, faster alternative.

I doubt they would be in the same price range so there is very little chance the price of this lens will plummet. Besides it's quite cheap already in the first place.

wanderenvy

Mu-43 Regular
But many 45/1.8 owners bought that lens because it was the best fast telephoto available at the time. They'll trade up when offered a better, faster alternative.
The two lenses won't even be in the same ballpark. The 42.5/1.2 is in the pro category and could very well be 2x-3x of the 45/1.8, possibly even more. I suspect an useful analogy would be the FF Nikon 85/1.4g v/s the 85/1.8g. One goes for $500, the other $1600.

No one knows how the 1.2 will perform, but if it has any unique characteristics, some will certainly trade up and the rest of us will be forced to drool. Its hard to justify a $1000+ lens if you are not using it for work. The 45/1.8 is no dog and will remain popular in the mass market. At ~$300 there isn't much room for it to go down.

Another way to look at it is to think about the opportunity cost (or opportunities lost) over the next 9 months if you do wait for the price to drop by a small amount and then buy the 45/1.8. Is that worth it? :)

thchen

Mu-43 Regular
I'm also waiting for the exchange rate to get more favourable again, if ever.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom