Olympus 45mm for $283.

dav1dz

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oh yeah I've had that happen. One time I placed an order on Amazon.com (I'm in Canada) and my MasterCard called and asked if I lost my card.

Oh yeah I've had that happen. One time I placed an order on Amazon.com (I'm in Canada) and my MasterCard called and asked if I lost my card.
LOL! My credit card's automated fraud detection called to confirm whether I had made the transaction. Thanks to the OP - when I saw it was available in black, I pulled the trigger.

alans

Mu-43 Veteran
Lenshoarder, you're killing me!
Rakuten shows a GH3 with a 12-35 for 1790. I must resist...

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Keep in mind while Olympus does an International warranty I'm pretty sure Panasonic does regional. So your GH3 and 12-35 wouldn't have a valid warranty in the US.
They are. I've gotten Japanese Panasonic cameras before. It's a Japan only warranty. Having said that, I've never had to have a camera fix under warranty. So it might still be a good risk/reward.

the_traveler

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lew Lorton
My cc company sent me a text and when I didn't respond ASAP, they cancelled the transaction so I completed it with Paypal.
Received an email that they will be sending me a black version in June.
That's almost a throwaway price.

rich9cinti

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rich
Holy crap! Pre-order the EP-5 with the 17mm lens AND EV-F for $1231!!!

Rakuten: [Rakuten International Shipping Services]- Shopping Japanese products from Japan
Sounds like a good deal but prices seem to be inconsistent with other items. I looked at the Oly 14-150 lens which usually sells $599 new in US sites but in this Japanese link has the lowest at $712 hmmmm... That's a huge swing up in price and not in sync with the weak Yen theory. More believable to me if it were across all merchandise but it's not.

barbosas

Mu-43 Veteran
Amazon.co.uk has it for 218GBP (330USD) for those countries in EU with very strict customs it's a safer deal.

peppermonkey

Mu-43 Regular
Tempting

At the bottom of the page it says "The function menu of the camera is only Japanese"
Does that mean the menu is only in Japanese?
Just to be clear, all Panasonic cameras (unless they changed recently) only comes in Japanese with no firmware available or possible to add English...UNLESS you hack your camera (like GH1, GH2, GF1, etc. etc.). Though at this time I don't think you can hack a GH3...though I'm sure it'll come sooner or later.

jmnket

Mu-43 Rookie
Mine Arrived

Just wanted to give a report. Thanks to the OP for the deal. Got my 45mm today and everything works great.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom