Olympus 45mm F/1.8 - $337.90 w/free shipping brand new

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Mine arrived AOK from D-Zone to NZ AOK too. Actually took longer to work its way through the courier system in NZ over the Xmas period than it did to process the order and arrive in-country from HK.

Great lens. Taking awhile to get used to the focal length after living with the 17/20mm for so long but the AF speed is immediately apparent compared to those two 'older' lenses.

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Just received my D-Zone 45mm 1.8 for $328! It appears to be a Korean market lens. It's also stamped with a Nov. 2011 manufacturing date. Shipping was fast. Ordered Wednesday night, arrived Friday this morning before 10:30 am! Tested it out, works great! Highly recommended for those penny pinching. :smile:

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
The funny thing is that I've been to HK/China many many times. You don't see anything cheap over there in stores. Most things are as expensive and many times more expensive than in the US. So I don't know why they only have these prices for online order.

As for the cheap fast shipping. I often buy things that cost 25 cents or less from HK. I just bought a camera battery for 16 cents. I always wondered how they could sell anything that cheap let alone ship it for that without taking a loss. So I asked one of the vendors. He says that there is a "stand by" class of shipping in China/HK. It is literally what it sounds like. Things go on stand by. So sometimes you get it in 2 days, other times in 6 weeks depending on what the loads are. The vendor said because it was stand by, the shipping is basically free.

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
The funny thing is that I've been to HK/China many many times. You don't see anything cheap over there in stores. Most things are as expensive and many times more expensive than in the US. So I don't know why they only have these prices for online order.

As for the cheap fast shipping. I often buy things that cost 25 cents or less from HK. I just bought a camera battery for 16 cents. I always wondered how they could sell anything that cheap let alone ship it for that without taking a loss. So I asked one of the vendors. He says that there is a "stand by" class of shipping in China/HK. It is literally what it sounds like. Things go on stand by. So sometimes you get it in 2 days, other times in 6 weeks depending on what the loads are. The vendor said because it was stand by, the shipping is basically free.
My buddy said the same thing, HK is expensive. It's also interesting they're selling Korean market lenses? Oh well, works as advertised!

drizek

Mu-43 Veteran
Mine didn't come with a warranty card, btw. Is that normal?

Edit: yes, it appears so from rereading the thread. Don't the standard Korean lenses have warranties though?

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Mine didn't come with a warranty card, btw. Is that normal?

Edit: yes, it appears so from rereading the thread. Don't the standard Korean lenses have warranties though?
Olympus claims to have an international warranty. Somebody should try an send their lens in for service and see if they check it under warranty. :smile:

pcdawg

Mu-43 Rookie
Olympus claims to have an international warranty. Somebody should try an send their lens in for service and see if they check it under warranty. :smile:
For Olympus warranties you must have two things according to their website
1. Receipt with date of purchase
2. Warranty card

So if they dont include any warranty cards, then you cant get any warranty on the lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom