Olympus 45mm F/1.8 - $337.90 w/free shipping brand new

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Shield, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Shield

Shield Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2011
    Worthington Ohio
  2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It arrived that quick from Hong Kong? Impressive!

3. Shield

Shield Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2011
    Worthington Ohio
    Yep - can't believe it.:smile:

4. c5karl

c5karl Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Fairfax, Va., USA
    Yeah, I bought from them a month ago when the price was a few bucks more ($345), and it was sent via some sort of air freight service that only took a couple or three days.

It was in packaging for the Korean market, so it may not be covered by a USA warranty. That said, the brochure in the box lists a USA tech support phone number. Haven't needed that, though. It has functioned perfectly.

5. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I paid $450 (w/tax & shipping) directly from Olympus and no regrets, at $337 it's a steal and must have lens for every m43 shooter.

6. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

I just ordered one last night and received tracking info this morning saying is should be here tomorrow by 10:30am! Hopefully that's true because Im super excited.

Thanks for the thread on this deal, I would have never found it.

7. wildcat

wildcat Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    I also bought from this seller for a few dollars more. Arrived in 2 days. Great deal, especially after I was nearly burned trying to buy a used one.

8. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Is this still on? How reliable is the seller? What about the warranty? Any issues so far with the lenses bought by forum members?

9. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    I bought one Sunday night and it arrived Tuesday morning just after 10am.
    Great lens, and a great seller.
    I don't know how they can do it with pretty much next day shipping.
    Thanks for the heads up on this Shield. I was reluctant until I saw your post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pkincy

pkincy New to Mu-43

Dec 20, 2011
    Del Mar, Ca
    It appears to carry a warranty only from the seller, but still at this price net delivered it is likely worth the chance.

Used price, new lens.

What you need to ask yourself is the extra $62 ($399 with free shipping) worth it to get a US warranty from Olympus.

Each person may answer that differently.

Perry

• Like Like x 1
  11. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Does FedEx deliver on a Saturday? On the 24th? I am nearing the edge...I am about to order!!!

12. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    On 2nd thought...I will wait until the items I sold get delivered.

13. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
  14. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    Just order it Okinana.
    :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  15. fmu-43

fmu-43 New to Mu-43

Dec 18, 2011
    As far as I know, Olympus carries worldwide warranty (unlike Canon). So it should be covered in the US, even if it was for the Korean market (seems to be a flood of sellers from Korea -- must be popular or unpopular there).

16. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    They probably just have a pricing discrepancy after the currency conversion that allows them to sell at a lower cost.

17. geek

geek New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2011
    Florida
    I bought mine from Dzone and it arrived within 2 days as well. Shoots like a dream! Love it :2thumbs:

18. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    if olympus defintely have international warranty, then I will buy one.

19. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Again, does FedEx deliver on a Saturday, especially Dec 24?

20. Basset

Basset Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    I would still go with B&H or Adorama, both of which are known entities, give me the 1-year warranty and would take the lens back within the first month if it just didn't appeal to me.

A $62 price difference (less than the cost of taking the family to a medium-range restaurant) is not large enough to tempt me away from the above.

Here the seller is overseas and has several dozen very disappointed E-Bay buyers just within the last month. The Bay shows within the past 30 days: 33 negative ratings and 15 neutral ratings (if you can call a comment like, "Absolute crap does not work!" neutral).

Glad to hear the lenses are working so far. Let us know how you fare a few months down the road . . . . I hope they serve you all well.

• Like Like x 2