1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

olympus 40-150R question

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by syilim, Dec 8, 2012.

1. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    I just got a used olympus 40-150R. Everything seems fine. Then i noticed something. When switched to manual focus, and i turn the focusing ring all the way anti-clockwise until the focus on the screen didn't change anymore. But with this, i cant get anything in focus at all. Is this normal??

I know i've worded that very horribly. So it might be hard to understand =S.

So basically, if i leave it on autofocus. I focus on something as close as possible with the autofocus working (0.9m). I could then switch to manual focus, and manually bring the focus even further back. But with this, nothing is in focus (objects closer than 0.9m). I thought usually the lens focus would be limited to the shortest focusing distance, and then wouldn't be able to change.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    All the way anti-clockwise is infinity focus. It's normal not to have much of anything in focus except the far reaches of the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks Ned.

Wow, you won't believe how incredibly stupid i feel right now...... I was pretty sure i tried anti-clockwise and clockwise to see which way focuses which way........ but.......oh dear............

I blame the headache =S

Thanks for answer the dumb question. OH MY GOD!!! lol *hides*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.