olympus 40-150R question

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by syilim, Dec 8, 2012.

1. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    I just got a used olympus 40-150R. Everything seems fine. Then i noticed something. When switched to manual focus, and i turn the focusing ring all the way anti-clockwise until the focus on the screen didn't change anymore. But with this, i cant get anything in focus at all. Is this normal??

I know i've worded that very horribly. So it might be hard to understand =S.

So basically, if i leave it on autofocus. I focus on something as close as possible with the autofocus working (0.9m). I could then switch to manual focus, and manually bring the focus even further back. But with this, nothing is in focus (objects closer than 0.9m). I thought usually the lens focus would be limited to the shortest focusing distance, and then wouldn't be able to change.
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    All the way anti-clockwise is infinity focus. It's normal not to have much of anything in focus except the far reaches of the sky.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. syilim

syilim Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks Ned.

Wow, you won't believe how incredibly stupid i feel right now...... I was pretty sure i tried anti-clockwise and clockwise to see which way focuses which way........ but.......oh dear............

I blame the headache =S

Thanks for answer the dumb question. OH MY GOD!!! lol *hides*