Showcase Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Image Thread

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

Tywais

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike
This is a mountain temple in northern Thailand. The photo was taken 1.5km away and no cropping except vertically for 16:9, just suited the image better. My choice of time was poor as it was noon or early afternoon with the sun overhead and hot so haze was an issue. Should have been early morning with the sun behind my back and cooler out.

Ran into a problem with the 40-150 + MC-20 and had a difficult time to get it to focus on the clouds, kept hunting. After getting back home I remember I usually keep it at spot metering so it only had a small all white section of the cloud to focus on. I'm pretty sure that was the hunting issue but will test again with all points metering. Have others experienced this?

EM-1 Mark III, Olympus 40-150mm PRO +MC-20

Wat Doi Kahm 2048.jpg

Wat Doi Kahm 2 2048.jpg

Wat Doi Kahm 3 2048.jpg

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
Sorry not sorry about all the Rainbow Lorikeet spam this week. I love these little critters so much 😍

Tywais

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Was on my balcony taking a break and thought I would test my E-M1 Mark III with my Olympus 40-150mm +MC-20. This is an upgrade from E-M1 Mark I

These are SOOC with the following size changes in the 2 sets. 1st image of each is the original image resized to 2048. 2nd image is 50% crop than resized to 2048. In the 50% crop on my screen I can zoom in and read the text on the warranty sticker on the transponder. About 30 meters away.

To me the image quality and sharpness is excellent with the lens combo.

Dish 2048.jpg

Statue 2048 uncropped.jpg
Statue 2048 crop.jpg

camit34

Mu-43 Rookie

Hello, still learning the lens and the body (G9) and photography in general. Any advice welcome, as well as critique welcome.

absolutic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sorry not sorry about all the Rainbow Lorikeet spam this week. I love these little critters so much 😍

View attachment 820918
I have not used that lens with 2X TC. how is its performance? Do you usually need to stop it down even more for sharpness? I used it with 1.4X TC in the past and immediately noticed what I felt was serious degradation in pic quality. However your results with 2X look good, especially the one where you stopped down to F10.

mp10s

Mu-43 Regular
I just got my MC20 so starting to play with it. Not yet very comfortable with the 40-150 lens either, so my first impressions on both are:

1. lens alone: awesome. It makes up for all my shortcomings.
2. lens+mc20: still awesome, but my shortcomings come through.

The "shortcomings" are mostly related to low-light, hand-held shots. Even in moderate light the lens performs well enough handheld, not tack-sharp but sharp enough to still afford beer compared to buying the 300/4 :D

These are all on recently cloudy/rainy days (with MC20), without too much effort put on the shot and either handheld or with a monopod. I tried to select photos taken at varying distances; they are all nearly-wide-open since it's been dark. (did I mention cloudy?)

I traded my P100-300 for this combo, so I'm eager to see how it performs against that lens and I think the 40-150+2xTC is sharper. I'll post some more well-lit shots when the sun comes back.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom