Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 expected shipping date

zulfur666

Mu-43 Veteran
I just checked my Pre-Order @ B&H and they show expected availability Nov 10th. :smile: No date yet for the 1.4 extender.

trandg

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
Here in Canada, Vistek told me end of the month. They have a Olympus event though next week where they are demoing the lens

RMills

Mu-43 Regular
I noticed it changed to the 10th also, hope its accurate! Some sites had said end of month due to demand.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
We just got back from an event at Showcase camera store in downtown Atlanta. We paid for two 40-150 and two TC units. We had store credit that more than covered the sales tax. Evidently Olympus will start shipping the lenses to resellers on Monday. Showcase was located 8 lenses and 6 were already sold. We got their last two in their first shipment. We should have our lenses in hand by the end of next week. No known ship date for the 1.4 TC units. I really like that fast AF on on EM-1. :biggrin:

BobbyTan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Funny thing is that Olympus has absolutely no idea when they can start shipping … other than saying that it will be around mid November … so I promptly canceled my order with them this morning! Mid November is too late … for me!

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Funny thing is that Olympus has absolutely no idea when they can start shipping … other than saying that it will be around mid November … so I promptly canceled my order with them this morning! Mid November is too late … for me!

At the Atlanta event 3 Oly reps all said the lens starts shipping Monday the 10th. They all said no firm data when the TC starts shipping. But since both can now be sold....it can't be that far from how. Good chance you can get both by Thanksgiving. I sure hope so.

zulfur666

Mu-43 Veteran
it was reported on 43rumors that someone already received a tracking number. Anybody here from the forum already has a tracking number?

zulfur666

Mu-43 Veteran
wonder if there will be a Thanksgiving package deal for lens and MC combined?

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
Pre-orders were allocated on Thursday. US orders are shipping Monday and Olympus expects to clear the backlog by mid December. This is from the Olympus rep in NE US.

I got a chance to try the lens at Hunts and it is really impressive. Very light and compact and very fast focusing. I asked the the rep point blank if it was better than the 150f2 and he dodged well by answering "it is different". It is certainly a viable replacement for the 50-200 in my mind. It is hard to believe how small and light it is unless you hold it. Much smaller then the 50-200. I'll post a couple of bad test shots in a bit.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I agree about the size and weight. Someone coming from a P&S might think the lens is large and heavy. Coming from years of 35mm DSLRs and Canon L glass....it ain't. :wink:

zulfur666

Mu-43 Veteran
I just checked my Pre-Order @ B&H and they show expected availability Nov 10th. :smile: No date yet for the 1.4 extender.

it seems as of today, B&H has removed the Nov. 10th expected availability. WTF??? Was getting my hopes up my pre-order would ship out today.

Latest threads

Top Bottom