Olympus 40-150 $99 at amazon

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
The way the price has been yo-yoing around on this one, you've got to think it's going to be a Black Friday sale item, no?

Just wait a few more weeks . . .

shnitz

Mu-43 All-Pro
if you were disappointed in the 45-200, you'll be disappointed in the 40-150 as well. They were never meant to compete with the prime lenses in your kit and they have small-ish apertures, but for what they are, I think they are amazing.
I agree that it's not worth it to upgrade from one bottom of the barrel telephoto lens to another bottom of the barrel telephoto lens, even though the Olympus seems to edge out the Panasonic, performance-wise.

The way the price has been yo-yoing around on this one, you've got to think it's going to be a Black Friday sale item, no?
No. Stores are currently clearancing any obsolete stock that they have, so that for Black Friday, they will have all the newest, up to date inventory to put on their shelves. On Black Friday, any sales you find will likely be for the newer R version. If you can find the non-R version on sale, while it's still in stock, jump on it if you like the price. At $200-$220, it's still a solid lens. At $300, it's a little disappointing.

drizek

Mu-43 Veteran
Is the 40-150 any good? How does it compare to the 45-200? I hated the 45-200, so I'm not sure I want to invest in another sub-par kit lens.
It takes some pretty nice pictures. It is far from a perfect lens, in PP I have to apply a lot of Noise Reduction (slow aperture), and boost contrast, saturation, sharpness and clarity. But the end result is often very pleasing.

Remember, it weighs 190 grams. It is extremely compact and light for a telephoto, and it focuses quickly and quietly(I'm mainly comparing it to the 4/3 Oly 70-300).

Image quality takes a hit past 100mm, but it is very good up until that point at 5.6. I see this lens as a complement to, not a replacement for, the 100-300mm Panasonic, and a stop-gap until we get some fast medium teles for m4/3.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom