Olympus 40-150 $99 at amazon

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
shnitz said:
You sacrifice image quality with the 14-150; no matter how well-designed and expensive Olympus makes the lens, the engineers still have to contend with those pesky laws of physics. Just because the two lenses cover the same focal length doesn't mean that one is a replacement for the other. From what I've seen online, and what I've experienced with the Nikon 18-200 vs 55-200, the superzoom is going to sacrifice performance in favor of convenience.
Oh I know
I just want it as my lazy lens, really, lol
I've got 17, 20, 45, and soon to have the 12

- Eliot

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
Djarum said:
Well, this makes two good deals in a row. Got my E-PL2 for 399 from unique and now this one.

Just checked, and mine has shipped.
Gasp! When was this?!
My nieces want new cameras for Xmas. I woulda got them those instead of some silly nikon slr "shaped" p&s they liked at best buy!

- Eliot

JoelSutherland

Mu-43 Rookie
Amin Sabet said:
I know you're kidding, but that's a great idea if we could find a way to make it work.
Check out twilio.com. It's got a great Api for sending texts to a list. Shoot me a PM if you've got any questions about it.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Mine arrived :smile:. Still can't believe I got this lens for $99. Had to be a pricing mistake.

Other things that make me :smile::
  • This lens is so small and light
  • SLR Gear rates this as the best performing Micro 4/3 lens at 150mm
  • Olympus sells a $50 attachment that turns this into a macro

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's killing me that i didn't get this lens! I had it in my cart with 3 left, answered a call, then they were sold out.

Thanks to all the folks that bought one just for the heck of it. lol

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
linkedit said:
It's killing me that i didn't get this lens! I had it in my cart with 3 left, answered a call, then they were sold out.

Thanks to all the folks that bought one just for the heck of it. lol
Oh I bought the last three to decorate my shelves. The boxes will make me look pro n stuff... ;) lol
I don't even want the lens, but I'd have bought one for that price!

- Eliot

JJJPhoto

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jerry Jackson Jr
Mine arrived :smile:. Still can't believe I got this lens for $99. Had to be a pricing mistake.
Perhaps, but I also think Amazon might have been clearing old inventory since the 40-150mm R lens is starting to ship to the US. My understanding is that the R lens is exactly the same lens ... it's just offered in all silver or all black rather than a combination of black and silver.

shnitz

Mu-43 All-Pro
Perhaps, but I also think Amazon might have been clearing old inventory since the 40-150mm R lens is starting to ship to the US. My understanding is that the R lens is exactly the same lens ... it's just offered in all silver or all black rather than a combination of black and silver.
That's not true! It also has an "R" in the name.:rofl:

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Canonista said:
Just missed out again. :frown:

In a fit of pique, I went ahead with my order for a 12mm instead, so I'm now out $800 instead of $99. :confused:
Hehe. I'm sure once you receive the 12, you'll feel great about it! Otherwise, PM me. I'll exchange my 40-150 with you for the 12. ;)

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Is the 40-150 any good? How does it compare to the 45-200? I hated the 45-200, so I'm not sure I want to invest in another sub-par kit lens.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
if you were disappointed in the 45-200, you'll be disappointed in the 40-150 as well. They were never meant to compete with the prime lenses in your kit and they have small-ish apertures, but for what they are, I think they are amazing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom