Olympus 40-150 4-5.6 zoom for $99

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
I was just about to post this. It is a nice lens, and was part of the two-lens kit I got when I bought my PEN E-PL7. Good bang for the buck.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
I bought one a couple years back strictly as a small & very low weight travel long zoom (as opposed to taking my very large and heavy ZD 50-200 (non-SWD) 4/3rds lens). The "R" is an excellent lens for normal daylight shooting situations where you might want something long with you just in case (when you are assuming it probably won't get used or only for a small number of shots) so you want something that won't add bulk & little weight to your kit.

At $99, you are not going to beat that for a brand new one.

EDIT to note: Amazon.com is selling it for the same price, so if Oly wants to charge you shipping, you might opt for Amazon to get free shipping.

I bought one a couple years back strictly as a small & very low weight travel long zoom (as opposed to taking my very large and heavy ZD 50-200 (non-SWD) 4/3rds lens). The "R" is an excellent lens for normal daylight shooting situations where you might want something long with you just in case (when you are assuming it probably won't get used or only for a small number of shots) so you want something that won't add bulk & little weight to your kit.

At $99, you are not going to beat that for a brand new one.

EDIT to note: Amazon.com is selling it for the same price, so if Oly wants to charge you shipping, you might opt for Amazon to get free shipping.

BH Photo also has it for $99:
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R Lens (Black)

Latest threads

Top Bottom