1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 4/3, 50 f2 on m4/3...anyone?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gusmur, Mar 26, 2011.

1. gusmur

gusmur Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi,
    I would like to hear from anyone who has used the Zuiko 50 f2 4/3 lens on a G1.
    Thanks,
    Angus

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I had this lens and it was slow to focus on the G1. It was also rather slow on my E-3.

I went for the PL 45mm f/2.8 and am happy with it. The PL is 1:1 whereas the ZD 50 is 1:2.

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I beleive G1 doesn't support AF for 50mm f2 lens. I use this lens with my E-PL2 via MMF-2 adapter and it performs wonderfully. AF is certainly fast enough in most situations so no need to MF. It's a great portrait lens and it's as sharp as Panny 20mm!

4. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    I used this lens on E-PL1 and it focuses rather slow but still usable. it is VERY sharp a lens as all the reviews are saying, is the lens of choice to to test Oly cameras on dpreview. Works great for macro and portraits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.