1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus 35mm f/3.5 macro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by elandel, Sep 14, 2011.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    I would llike to buy this lens to try wit my Pana bodies (G2 and GF1). With the Oly adaptor MMF-1 put on the Panas will this lens keep the AF function? Has anybody tried it out.

Thanks

2. MichaelShea

MichaelShea Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2011
    Algarve, Portugal
  3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Thanks. Just want a cheap, good lens to jmp into macro with 1:1 ratio.

From what I've read this one seems nice.

4. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    The lens is very sharp, but even if it auto-focuses on your camera it's incredibly slow. Like the other poster said, you're better off MF anyway so it's not really a big issue.

But it's slow. I had that lens, and it focuses very slowly. Great images though.

5. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Being able to manual focus there shoud be no problem other than hand shake, but with fast shutter speeeds even this will be overcome.

6. mxlin

mxlin Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2010
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Is there a such lens? Did you mean Zuiko 50mm f3.5 macro?

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The 50mm macro is an f/2. :) That's a 1:2 macro lens, whereas the 35mm f/3.5 is a 1:1 macro. The 35mm is a lot cheaper (slightly slower of course - but who cares for macro?), and nearly as sharp... but at 35mm and 1:1, it puts you just centimeters away from your subject! That won't always work for everything, but for what it does work with it works very well. :tongue:

8. mxlin

mxlin Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2010
    Pennsylvania, USA
    ...sorry, my bad - didn't realize he was referring to the AF one.

olympus-zuiko-50mm-f3_5-auto-macro-lens-boxed-inst-mint-79_99-27313-p.

9. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    A 35mm macro lens in 4/3 mount isn't so bad, it gives 70mm equivalent. I have a 55mm that I used to use with film, and it always worked fine with me :(

There's one for sale on my local Craigslist for $120, I've considered picking it up but can't justify it.