Olympus 300mm Pro can now be pre-ordered $2499.99

yendikeno

Mu-43 Regular
Will wait to see reviews of both, but right now the Panasonic offering at $1800 is tempting. Yes, I know we're comparing an f4 to a variable aperture, so as mentioned, will be interesting to read some reliable reviews of both.

TJC-MFT

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tom Cadwalader
Well I guess as far as the actual glass we will have to wait to see some results from independent sources.

RMills

Mu-43 Regular

microfourthirdsnut

Mu-43 Regular
Nice to see someone ordering one so tired of all the bs going on about the price. If you need a long tele or just want a long tele this or the Panny Leica are your best bet. I want the speed so my money goes to the Oly 300mm pro. Even at 2500 still a deal in my eyes a light 9 inch 300mm tele made for M4/3s Yes yes yes.
Views expressed are mine and everyone can make up there own mind if it's worth it for them. Just keep on snapping pics and be happy we have options. Way better than just a few years back.

Lcrunyon

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Loren
Just pre-ordered from B&H. Free shipping, no tax, plus I had a gift card.

RMills

Mu-43 Regular
Yea, I had my reservations about the price, but I think it is worth the ask. I had the opportunity now and figured if I didn't, It would be nagging at me forever!

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I ordered through getolympus, the 5000 points should get me $100 off my next purchase.

I hope that covers any sales tax that Olympus will collect. For me the sales tax would be around $175. Instead I will order from Adorama. They give 5% rewards. 40 days after the purchase they send a code for credit on a future order. For this lens that credit would be $125 credit to be used within 6 months.

TonyVentourisPhotography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tony
I think I will be ordering this lens later in the year. I'm currently debating spending two weeks in the pacific northwest and renting the lens, or buying it and shooting closer to home. I can't wait to use it though. There was a post online of someone shooting video of seals with the TC attached. Totally handheld. The footage was unbelievable for being handheld. That would be similar to shooting an 800mm F/5.6 with a canon body. I never even would have gotten that lens out that far in the field. Its awesome what perspectives this lens can open up in situations where no equivalent would have been present.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Update. I cancelled my preorder at Adorama. It was a birthday present for the wife. She will order it via her ebates account from Adorama. Ebates will give her 1% back ($25), Adorama will give her 5% ($125) in rewards points towards the next purchase (my lens in May), no sales tax, and no shipping. That is the best deal we could find.

Sniksekk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'll be able to try this later today inside a photoshop on my own camera.
Is there anything specific I should try?
I'm curious on the 1,4 meter close focus range.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
When you have results, put the report on the user reviews thread in the Native Lens forum. After all, this lens is well past just being a rumor.

BobbyTan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yea, I looked at them first, but being in NY I couldn't get around sales tax.

You can always order from out of state e.g. with Samy's Camera in Los Angeles. With the tax saving, you can afford to buy a very nice polarizing filter or SD card or both.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Also use ebates. The wife used it to order her 300Pro from Adorama. The usual free shipping and no sales tax. Adorama gives 5% back as rewards point that are worth $125 in a gift card 40 days after the purchase. Then the wife gets 1% in rebates from ebates. So between Adorama and ebates she gets $130 off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom