Showcase Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
I am very much aware of what thread it is posted in. Read his comment on the photo, gives the impression that it is with the PL 100-400 or some other Panasonic lens.
Ah. Since I use DxO PL4, I wasn't confused. I thought the lack of EXIF info had you wondering.

ninad

Mu-43 Regular
https://flic.kr/p/2m6AYun
Eastern Towhee
51259234221_1c00da689c_5k[1].jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

vladox

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

This is my very first post to the forum! I've long been doing landscape/cityscape as well as macro, and am just starting on bigger life. For its 'maiden voyage', I took my 300 F4 to Inner Farne Island to shoot some puffins among other sea birds. I probably overdid the s.s. (set it to 1/3200 and forgot to change it back to something slower since we only had one hour in the island and got super into it), hence the ISO is not as good as it could have been. Regardless, I'm super happy with the quality of the resulting images!

PP was done on mobile Lightroom (mostly cropping, exposure adjustments and default noise reduction) as I'm a Linux user, hence having no access to Topaz AI or desktop Lightroom.

Here are some of my favourite puffin shots, I'll add some non-puffin pics on another post later on.

Thanks for your comments, I hope to become an active member of the mu-43 community!
Cheers!

P7047516.jpg

P7047502.jpg

P7047427.jpg

P7047571.jpg

P7047611.jpg

P7047356.jpg

P7047284.jpg

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Hi all,

This is my very first post to the forum! I've long been doing landscape/cityscape as well as macro, and am just starting on bigger life. For its 'maiden voyage', I took my 300 F4 to Inner Farne Island to shoot some puffins among other sea birds. I probably overdid the s.s. (set it to 1/3200 and forgot to change it back to something slower since we only had one hour in the island and got super into it), hence the ISO is not as good as it could have been. Regardless, I'm super happy with the quality of the resulting images!

PP was done on mobile Lightroom (mostly cropping, exposure adjustments and default noise reduction) as I'm a Linux user, hence having no access to Topaz AI or desktop Lightroom.

Here are some of my favourite puffin shots, I'll add some non-puffin pics on another post later on.

Thanks for your comments, I hope to become an active member of the mu-43 community!
Cheers!

View attachment 898149
View attachment 898148
View attachment 898147
View attachment 898145
View attachment 898150
View attachment 898144
View attachment 898146
Top stuff sir.

Welcome to the forum.......
and you already are an active member of the community.

Now, why not introduce yourself properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :Welcome:

Hi all,

Cheers!

View attachment 898149
View attachment 898148
View attachment 898147
View attachment 898145
View attachment 898150
View attachment 898144
View attachment 898146
Welcome to the forum. I'm also a Linux user and have really enjoyed using Darktable. Have you tried it? The latest version (3.6) produces fantastic images.

vladox

Mu-43 Regular

vladox

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome to the forum. I'm also a Linux user and have really enjoyed using Darktable. Have you tried it? The latest version (3.6) produces fantastic images.
Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome and your suggestion!

I have to admit I've been a bit lazy about learning Darktable (I believe there's some debate between it and RawTherapee for Linux users). It seems to be extremely powerful, I just need to find some time to learn to use it, but now that you've recommended it to me, I have additional motivation to do so.

Do you know if it DT handles noise / colour noise reduction adequately? I try not to overdo it in LR, as I'd rather have the grain (which I kinda like, as long as it's not too distracting) than end with a detail-less image. Still, I find that some colour noise reduction is absolutely necessary (LR's .2 default does the trick most of the times).

Cheers!

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
Hi all,

Cheers!

View attachment 898149
View attachment 898148
View attachment 898147
View attachment 898145
View attachment 898150
View attachment 898144
View attachment 898146
Welcome to the forum and what a great first post/images you have! Look forward for many more to come soon :).

Cheers

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Shot through my dining room window. I used a little post processing to pull down the highlights a bit and bumped the saturation a little as compensation for the harsh sunlight. A little crop to 16x9 for composition but no sharpening.

Edit: The original is 4945 pixels tall but you can't see that here. I'm continually amazed at how much detail this lens and the 20MP sensor can resolve. The original clearly shows each strand of wire in the cables and the lettering on the equipment.

Attachments

• Window Replacement_1.jpg
    Window Replacement_1.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Dogman

Mu-43 Veteran
Shots of (1) a green heron and (2) a blue dasher dragonfly eating a bug were taken this morning with an EM1 Mk II and 300mm lens with 1.4x tele-converter.

OMD40415.jpg
OMD40446-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

BPCS

Mu-43 Regular
New Holland Honeyeaters are tiny, fast, acrobatic and entertaining to watch. Two photos at the end show their "prey". They are challenging to shoot... next hardest to swallows. EM1X, 300 Pro and EE1 finder.
P8140378_Nik.jpg
P8140459_Nik.jpg
P8140493_Nik.jpg
P8140494_Nik.jpg
P8140546_Nik.jpg
P8140641_Nik.jpg
P8140714_Nik.jpg
P8140797_Nik.jpg
P8140852_Nik.jpg
P8140401_Nik.jpg

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
New Holland Honeyeaters are tiny, fast, acrobatic and entertaining to watch. Two photos at the end show their "prey". They are challenging to shoot... next hardest to swallows. EM1X, 300 Pro and EE1 finder. View attachment 903364 View attachment 903366 View attachment 903367 View attachment 903368 View attachment 903369 View attachment 903370 View attachment 903371 View attachment 903372 View attachment 903373 View attachment 903365
Stellar ! Nice job !

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom