Showcase Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
From today, MC-20 attached
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

woollyback

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I’m always impressed with the sharpness of the images in this thread, and while I have been able to capture a few sharp ones with decent light, and without any TC attached, I took a shot of a pileated woodpecker (posted over in the Covid weekly challenge thread) that imo was less than stellar. I had the 1.4 Tc on but I’m thinking it was as much my technique as anything... hand held cuz the big guy doesn’t stay around long and I wanted the shot for the challenge. I have captured him/her successfully with the 40-150\2.8 + 1.4 but that was from much closer and he was on the sun side of the branch. This time, not so lucky.

Is there a specific technique of holding these long lens when shooting handheld? Ie. normally my left hand is underneath the barrel and usually closer to the body than the lens hood. Would I get more stability with hand fire the out towards the end of the lens?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom