Showcase Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO

KTi

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Asian Red-eyes Bulbul

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A couple recent eagle shots.

This one was born just across the small cove we live in, probably about 300 yds. from the house. Like any youngster, pretty noisy at feeding time, which seems to be always. Finally came out of the nest 10 days ago and now spends most of its time in a tree squawking for a meal. Yesterday I heard chittering from a nearby point, a popular feeding spot and I grabbed the shootin' iron and snuck down for a few shots. Here is the first, titled--w/o regard to gender--"Mr Frumpy":

This was the best I could do, as I was a bit away with lots of brush and not many holes to shoot through.
As my only way closer was obscured by brush I decided to attempt that zoom-with-feet thing that all the street shooting prime crowd always spout about. As the brush ended just short of the bird, I rated my chances of success somewhat stretched. With an adult eagle this would have never worked, but these juvenile birds are less aware.

OK, I'm missing a couple toes and a few tail tips, but 1' back was blocked by brush. Probably shouldn't have sold my old 75-300, but hey--how often do you get too close?

KTi

Mu-43 Regular

Blue Rumped Parrot

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom