1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus 300 f4 Shipping to US!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RMills, Feb 19, 2016.

1. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Just received my Email, will pick up Monday!

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The shots I've seen are most impressive, especially the hand held ones.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Congrats! Did you order it from a local camera store? I have not heard that B&H or Adorama are shipping to customers yet.

4. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    I ordered from getolympus.com a couple days after release for the double points (normally would have used B&H). In transit from NJ, would have come today but they only do weekday delivery. I wondered if they would ship sooner since it's direct from Oly and I guess they did in this case.

5. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Would like to order from Olympus. But they, like Amazon, collect sales tax for my state. I did not feel the need to contribute another $180 to the state coffers.

When you get the lens, please be sure to write up a review thread for the Native Lenses forum.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pcovers

pcovers Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2015
    I have to agree. I have searched out posted full res images from this new Olympus lens and those that I have found all look remarkably sharp, contrasty.......beautiful. I am enamored with the images I've seen. I am ready to take the plunge myself. I have a Canon L 70-300mm with Metabones setup and it has produced some beautiful images at 300mm. But I have been waiting for an Olympus 300mm prime that can match or beat the image quality of that Canon. The full res images I have seen from this new lens are are improvements over my Canon.

Improved image quality plus cooperation between image stabilization and in body 5 axis stabilization feels like a no brainer.....6 stops of IS on 600mm equivalent is staggering. Hand held shots at 1/30s is a huge leap forward in how IS is helping to improve user experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Checked the tracking, sitting at the Fedex sort facility only a few miles away, darn it's Sunday!!

8. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Unfortunately living in NY I pay the tax no matter where I get it from. I'll have $100 in points from Olympus towards the Em1 MKII so that was a decent incentive.

9. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Got an email last night that B&H is still out of stock. Oh well at least I won't pay any sales tax.

10. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    The wife ordered via ebates account to Adorama. $25 from ebates, $125 gift card at Adorama, no sales tax and free shipping. :) Don't know another way to get $150 off.

11. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    I can't believe fedex just left it sitting at my front door!!! Luckily my wife was able to leave work.

12. ninad

ninad Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2013
    Riverside, CA
  13. pcovers

pcovers Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2015
    Oh, man. Just before I read this, I placed an order on BH. Hope they get their allotment in today or tomorrow.

14. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Very glad you got it without problem! Very surprising that was not a signature required item. Most UPS packages coming to the house I redirect to their distribution center where I can go by and sign in the morning. Then I don't have to worry about a missed drop off or someone helping themselves to our boxes.

15. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    I called and they refused to allow me to pick up! They said the shipper would have to approve first. In the meantime they leave it at my front door unattended. At any rate, all is well and I'm enjoying the lens now. I would post pics but this site makes it difficult.

16. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
  17. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Adorama site they are in stock now. Wife checked her order and it is handed off to UPS with tracking. It should be here Wednesday, just in time for clearing weather.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pcovers

pcovers Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2015
    Adorama site now says out of stock.

19. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    looking over your site you have some great pictures to share, what makes this site hard to post pics for you?

20. curtisls87

curtisls87 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2010
    Los Gatos, CA, USA
    Curt Schimmels
    Ordered mine last night from Amazon - I had $500.00 in credit there, so that became the cheapest way for me to buy. Have to wait until March 7, though. :(