1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus 25mm & Panasonic 25mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by ijm5012, Nov 20, 2014.

1. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I'm wondering if the front trim ring (the portion you have to take off to attach the lens hood) from the Olympus 25mm fits on the Panasonic 25mm lens? They both have 46mm filter threads, and I'm looking for something to cover up the bayonet mount on my Panasonic 25mm because I don't use the supplied lens hood.

Does anybody know if the trim ring from the O25 fits on the P25 (or for owners of both lenses, would you be willing to check)?

Thanks!

2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, because the trim ring uses the bayonet mount, not the filter thread on the lens, and the 2 lenses have different bayonet mounts. If you could use the trim ring on the PL25, you'd also be able to use the Olympus lens hood on the PL 25 and you can't.

3. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    I wished there was a smaller version of the hood for the pl25. its strange that no third market dealer haven't come up with it yet...

4. armoredpig

armoredpig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2013
    There is one! Try the hood from the PL45 Macro. I have this hood on my PL25 and I love it.

IPC4528.
    Much shorter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    So I plan on using a 46-58mm step up ring, and have a lens hood that threads on to the filter threads. I want to cover up the bayonet mount on the P25, and am wondering if the trim ring from the O25 will fit on the P25.

6. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    No, the trim ring doesn't fit as I said. The Olympus and Panasonic lenses use different bayonet mounts. The Oly trim ring clips onto the lens via the bayonet mount. The Panasonic lens uses a different bayonet fitting and the Oly trim ring won't mount on it.

7. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    OK. yeah that's what I wasn't certain about, was the differences in the design of the bayonet mount. Thanks again!

8. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    nice. but where can I buy this from? I've googling it with no success. ..