1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus 25 1.8 arrived today

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by ymiclassroom, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ymiclassroom

ymiclassroom Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 19, 2013
    Darien, CT
    Happy to report my Oly 25 1.8 arrived today and I'm thrilled----great build quality (wonderful size/weight) although the "free" hood is made of plastic, AF is quick (MF with peaking is also ideal), quite respectable bokeh, IQ is tack sharp throughout and unlike my Panasonic 25 1.4---NO APERTURE CHATTER...couldn't be happier.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Would be great if you could find the time to do a few comparison shots, p25 vs. O25. Glad you like the Zuiko!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ymiclassroom

ymiclassroom Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 19, 2013
    Darien, CT
    Preparing for another snow storm...first chance I get I'll do it.

4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    ugh, the chatter... the one flaw to my pl25! i just flip the cam off and back on, lol
    but itd be nice to not do that *glares at oly/panny/whoever is in charge of fixing it!*

ahah:D
    looking fwd to seeing ur comparo shots!

5. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Received mine today as well from Amazon. Great, compact lens, nice to have the 50mm full frame FOV in such a compact package. I had the Panny 1.4 for a while, but sold it because it was too bulky for m43. And wow, a free lens hood from Oly! Photos below (sorry for quality, used my iPad in low-ish light):

In between the Oly 14-42 Mk II R kit and Panny 20mm F 1.7

image191.

On my E-M5

image192.

On my GX-7

image193.

CAn't wait to give it a good test run.

• Like Like x 3
  6. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    you put it on your cameras and took pics of it but not with it and posted !! shame on you :) hahahahah

will look forward to seeing how this lens is and does compared to the panny 25 1.4 also will be curious how it handles CA compared

tell ya with Panny making some really nice options and Oly options no shortage of price and performance lens options in both primes and 2.8 zooms !!! M4/3 just gets stronger and stronger

• Like Like x 2
  7. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Happy to hear that Olympus is now including lens hood with it new lenses other than its PRO line...

Look forward to seeing images taken with it. More interested to see an in-depth comparison between the PL25/1.4 and this lens!

I can feel my G.A.S. building up again!!! :eek:

8. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    Yevgen
    Am I the only one who opened this thread looking for the first pics taken WITH the lens and not OF the lens? :rolleyes:

C'mon guys! Show us some people shots! I am curious how this lens renders half body and full body people shots.

• Like Like x 1
  9. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Oh, I thought this was a thread about the lenses arriving; you mean we have to shoot with them? :)

Started a new thread for the images here: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=60081&p=597172#post597172

10. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Robin Wong announced an in-depth comparison as soon as he gets a PL25.