Olympus 20% off Reconditioned- FALLOUTLET

JediCheese

Mu-43 Regular
Only reason I subscribed to the Olympus Emails. Needed that 20% discount for a 12-200 at $576 (already gone - 30 minutes in).

JediCheese

Mu-43 Regular
Bookmark the page of the product and keep checking. Olympus will sometimes add more stock as the sale goes on.
Already got from the sale. I was surprised it disappeared as fast as it did (especially since it's been in stock on the refurbished site for a while).

Really tempted to get one or two primes at these prices. Have prime holes at the 12mm, 45mm, and 60mm spots that could use filling.

The prices are great and also somewhat strange, kits with carrying case, memory card etc are the same price as ones without. Regardless, any opinions on TG-5 around $260?
I don't see much difference between the TG-5 and TG-6. Seems like it's in a class of it's own (as a camera) if that's what you want to do.

I have an older GoPro that fills that need for myself. And the GoPro mount is found in many action/adventure mounts vs the 1/4-20 UNC.

Last edited:
I don't see much difference between the TG-5 and TG-6. Seems like it's in a class of it's own (as a camera) if that's what you want to do. I have an older GoPro that fills that need for myself.
Hmm. I have an aging GoPro too (Hero 4 Black) and the battery life is horrible. Also, TG looks more "convenient" to use? Not sure. I am a little tired of the GoPro's pairing, tiny screen, and buttons in general.

JediCheese

Mu-43 Regular
Hmm. I have an aging GoPro too (Hero 4 Black) and the battery life is horrible. Also, TG looks more "convenient" to use? Not sure. I am a little tired of the GoPro's pairing, tiny screen, and buttons in general.
I think a GoPro works better as an video camera. The TG works more like a stills camera. Depending on what you want to do, go with the one that works for you.

I view camera gear as ultimately disposable. I've murdered all sorts of electronic gear over the years. Bringing my camera to the beach or out in the rain isn't a problem (I think a EM5.3 is in my future for weather sealing when I kill the 10.3). The 95% use case for me is a real camera. The 5% is GoPro where you could never get away with a real camera (mounting to airplanes, bumper cam on my car, helmet cam skiing, scuba diving, ect) without spending outrageous amounts of money.

I have a 4 Silver and the battery life isn't great, but I can get an hour and a half of video out of it. How old are your batteries?

I have a 4 Silver and the battery life isn't great, but I can get an hour and a half of video out of it. How old are your batteries?
Mostly for stills in adverse weather condition and also as a glovebox camera...just in case, that was my justification for TG-5 :speechless:
Gotta be the original ones from way back (2015 I guess). For me battery life wasn't good at all even when the whole kit was brand new so I bought 1 extra OEM and 2 wasabis immediately. Over the years they have degraded further. I just lost interest in overpriced accessories. Hour and half on one battery is great actually. I dont think my fully charged OEM battery goes above 1 hour if I am recording 4k.

JediCheese

Mu-43 Regular
Mostly for stills in adverse weather condition and also as a glovebox camera...just in case, that was my justification for TG-5 :speechless:
My glovebox camera got overtaken by my cellphone. Life goes on.

I have the H4 Silver which only does 15fps 4k. I would always do 1080p at 60fps, both for battery life and having better video for post. 4k was unwieldly to edit and took up a ton of room. I love the Wasabis, dirt cheap and tended to work out well (I had 6 of them at one point).

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Already got from the sale. I was surprised it disappeared as fast as it did (especially since it's been in stock on the refurbished site for a while).

Really tempted to get one or two primes at these prices. Have prime holes at the 12mm, 45mm, and 60mm spots that could use filling.
The 45s are gone if you were looking for a F1.8.

I was going to pull the trigger at $147 shipped, but hesitated and theyre gone.

turtleboy133

Mu-43 Regular
How much was the 14-150mm II going for? Was hoping to snag one, but by the time I dropped my kids off they were out of stock. Would be helpful to have a price point when searching for this lens used. Also, looks like I could get a E-M5 II + 14-150mm II bundle for only $700 refurbished from Roberts Camera which I am considering (my original E-M5 EVF is broken, so I need to upgrade at some point).

JediCheese

Mu-43 Regular
The 45s are gone if you were looking for a F1.8.

I was going to pull the trigger at $147 shipped, but hesitated and theyre gone.
I'm figuring the 45 F1.8 can be picked up on ebay for less than that. I'm still hoping to find a PL45 F2.8 for under $300. Scratches my macro itch, is still fast, and fits a 46mm filter.

Drives me insane that everyone except the PL45 and Nokton 42.5 use the 37mm or other non-typical filter size. I'm trying to not buy a ton of specialty filters for primes (trying to standardize on 46mm).

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
I'm figuring the 45 F1.8 can be picked up on ebay for less than that. I'm still hoping to find a PL45 F2.8 for under $300. Scratches my macro itch, is still fast, and fits a 46mm filter.

Drives me insane that everyone except the PL45 and Nokton 42.5 use the 37mm or other non-typical filter size. I'm trying to not buy a ton of specialty filters for primes (trying to standardize on 46mm).
Best of luck, I havent seen many near $175 for a while. Im kicking myself for selling mine last year for $130 here.

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
I ordered the 12-40 for $544 discounted. The TG5 is tempting. The 30 macro is actually lower priced over on the new page than the refurbished offering. It started out with a page and a half of gear and is down to a little over a half page now. They are selling out like crazy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom