Olympus 20% Off on Refurb Products

youry

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, I will return it tomorrow morning for a full refund including the return shipping. I'll have to fax the return receipt for reimbursement.
No exchange as I don't want to take another chance with them.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
All my E-M5s (three of them) have had the bezel crack. The scuffs on the bottom are surprising though. The refurbished lenses I've gotten from them have been like new.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oly refurbs a bit of a dice roll, especially from Oly direct. Cameta appears to have better luck or inspects prior to shipment.

Evan614

Mu-43 Regular
I don't know how they call that refurbished. seems more like fixed and resold. I never bought a 'refurbished' anything that didn't look new.

tkc9789

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The Stylus-1 I ordered is expected to be delivered tomorrow. Have my fingers crossed.

youry

Mu-43 Veteran
Maybe this was a one time mistake on their part, but it is still disappointing. The box was sealed with Oly's blue round refurbished sticker.
Soon after I placed the order, last week the black bodies just disappeared from Olympus page. Maybe I pushed over the inventory with my purchase and they grabbed whatever they could find in the basement.
In the past, I purchased a few Oly refurbished products from either Cameta or Adorama but they all looked like new. This time was different.

shaolinmonk

Mu-43 Veteran
that doesn't look bad imo.. but that's just me. the price is still great with the 20% off, you get some warranty and it's aligned with buying used in terms of pricing

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Maybe this was a one time mistake on their part, but it is still disappointing. The box was sealed with Oly's blue round refurbished sticker.
Soon after I placed the order, last week the black bodies just disappeared from Olympus page. Maybe I pushed over the inventory with my purchase and they grabbed whatever they could find in the basement.
In the past, I purchased a few Oly refurbished products from either Cameta or Adorama but they all looked like new. This time was different.

You're not the only one to have gotten refurbs that looked a bit roughed up. Refurbs can have cosmetic issues but Olympus should rate them like used equipment. I think they try to get rid of these to less "discriminating" customers and it probably works enough to make them continue. (BTW, I might fall under the less discriminating category) I'm serious when I say that you'll probably get a much better one on exchange.

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
Is the sale over? I just added a refurb item to my cart, and didn't see a place to use the SUMMER code for the additional 20% discount.

sammykhalifa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Neil
Is the sale over? I just added a refurb item to my cart, and didn't see a place to use the SUMMER code for the additional 20% discount.

It's beneath the "You might be interested in" items on the shopping cart page. I didn't see it at first either (not that I'm going to purchase anything).

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
It's beneath the "You might be interested in" items on the shopping cart page. I didn't see it at first either (not that I'm going to purchase anything).

Thanks for the directions. But I entered the SUMMER code, and received a message that it was not valid. So maybe the sale is over.

Edit: I just revisited the original post, and see that the sale ended on 5/27.

SCSI

Mu-43 Rookie
Now that the sale's over, there's a lot more lenses in stock :p

The 75mm is $559

Barry

Yeah I also noticed the other lenses suddenly re-appeared after the sale ended. lol! So much of me getting a refurb 45mm.

youry

Mu-43 Veteran
that doesn't look bad imo.. but that's just me. the price is still great with the 20% off, you get some warranty and it's aligned with buying used in terms of pricing

It might work for you but if I pay refurbished price, I expect refurbished condition, not well-used. Besides, $550 is 30-35% more than what they sell for used, on FM. Last one sold there was $400.
I wonder how you'd deal with a seller that instead a brand new product sends you a used one, even if the price was right.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
It might work for you but if I pay refurbished price, I expect refurbished condition, not well-used. Besides, $550 is 30-35% more than what they sell for used, on FM. Last one sold there was $400.
I wonder how you'd deal with a seller that instead a brand new product sends you a used one, even if the price was right.

Exactly the same as you should here - either get your money back, or ask for a unit in the 'advertised' condition. It's obviously annoying not to get what you ordered, but it's not a difficult situation to remedy. Olympus makes mistakes, same as everybody, but that's not the typical case by a long ways.

Latest threads

Top Bottom