Olympus 20% Off on Refurb Products

PatrickNSF

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
Anyone else ever purchase a reconditioned camera - I'm kind of scared....
I've purchased an OMD E-M1 and several lenses refurbished, based on the experiences other have shared in this forum. Everything arrived looking new or "near new." For the E-M1 and 12-40/2.8 lens, I also purchased the extended warranty just to be safe.

PatrickNSF

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
I checked shortly after I received the email (13:32 EDT) and IF there were any 12-40 f/2.8 lenses, they sold before I arrived. :frown:
It doesn't hurt to continue to check throughout the sale, as they sometimes restock items. During the February sale, the 75mm/1.8 popped up the second or third day of the sale and I was able to snag one. Their inventory system is a little off, so it took weeks for it to arrive, but the savings were such that I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Good luck.

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Don't feel too bad, I bought a new 75-300mm MKii on B and H yesterday so I could have it for the weekend. They have free expedited shipping this week BTW. When I checked the Olympus Outlet at lunch time from work they had the 75-300mm Mkii there with the summer sale. But by the time I got home it was gone and anything else I tried to add the the cart says out of stock. I've never bought from the Outlet do they accept paypal?
I added both the Mk I and Mk II, and then did a quick search about the differences, if any. Came back and found the Mk II "Out of Stock" in my cart. Grabbed the Mk I (was a little cheaper anyway.)

Yes, they do take Paypal.

Any idea how fast they ship? I'll probably buy an OMD
I received a "shipped" notification yesterday afternoon, so it can be pretty quick.

Ddeveryday

Mu-43 Regular

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Usually how long does it take for Olympus to ship their reconditioned product orders?
I think it varies...for me, they have been quick (received in a few days, but I'm also in PA). Others who have gotten orders on "out of stock" items have waited a few weeks according to some posts on here. But I'd guess the majority of orders ship w/in 24hrs.

youry

Mu-43 Regular
I added both the Mk I and Mk II, and then did a quick search about the differences, if any. Came back and found the Mk II "Out of Stock" in my cart. Grabbed the Mk I (was a little cheaper anyway.)

Yes, they do take Paypal.

I received a "shipped" notification yesterday afternoon, so it can be pretty quick.
Ordered an Oly OMD this morning and it shows as shipped already

youry

Mu-43 Regular
I just received my refurbished OMD and boy........what a disappointment.
If it was me, I would have rated this camera an 8 out of 10, at best.
The bezel has a crack right at the bottom-middle, tons of scuffs on the bottom plate, firmware 1.6 and 2254 shutter counter. I can't believe this camera passed the janitor's test, let alone one of the 'quality control' people at Olympus.
On the other hand, I managed to take a few shots around the house (manual lenses) and the results are on par with my NEX 5T which has a larger sensor. Time to look for a deal on a brand new one. No more refurbished for me.

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/81020538@N06/14284572545" title="photo 3 by renem24, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"640" height="480" alt="photo 3"></a>

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/81020538@N06/14284574385" title="photo 2 by renem24, on Flickr">
"480" height="640" alt="photo 2"></a>

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/81020538@N06/14097933438" title="photo 1 by renem24, on Flickr">
"480" height="640" alt="photo 1"></a>

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom