1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus 20% off on Reconditioned Equipment - Three Days 'PRESIDENT'

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ronk, Feb 16, 2015.

1. ronk

ronk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    Twin Cities, MN
    Ron
  2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It looks like the code works in the Canadian store as well. Given the exchange rate their prices are already 20% lower so this is a great deal for anyone in Canada or with a billing address in Canada they can use.

3. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    darn..
    I was starting to look for the exact sale on Friday/Saturday early morning and now I get the message and everything is empty by 11am CT..
    I wanted that 25mm so bad :)

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Keep checking back. Today is a holiday, check back a few times a day tomorrow and Wednesday. And be ready to jump if you see what you want.

5. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    On those days they had a stock of 22 lenses.. just like magic.. poof.
    Yeah, that's the way the go: just keep checking

6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That's why they dumped all the good lenses a few days before the code.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Actually what usually happens is the stock is bought within five minutes of the code going out in email. They don't pull inventory before the code, people just buy it almost instantly once the coupon is issued.

8. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    Bought a silver/black E-M10 for $475 body only with the code- tax kills the savings but I clicked buy anyway- in retrospect I should have not purchased as the website states cameras may have blemishes. In essence you're buying a "used" camera at a somewhat premium price considering low shutter count mint ones can be had in the $400 range......I know the warranty allows for some peace of mind but at a premium cost.
    If I get an absolute pristine one with low shutter count (do they reset shutter count?) perhaps I won't feel as bad!

The 90 day repair warranty isn't particularly enticing.....reports of knobs falling off well cared for OMD series cameras are being reported in almost every Oly camera forum and unusually high repair quotes are not reassuring......I wish Oly had offered a 1 year warranty on reconditioned units.

9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

99/100 these factory refurbs are customer returns that are checked out and certified and given a warranty.

The have that disclaimer because some people think a fingerprint on the LCD means it's hopelessly ruined.

10. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    I don't doubt your claim, but I still think a full 3-year warranty same as new units would be reassuring.
    If sales of these refurbs are quite good I doubt Oly would really have any reason to offer such a great warranty- seems as if demand is quite high- so no reason to offer such a good warranty on these units......good for Oly, not so much for consumer.

11. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Where are you seeing a standard three-year warranty on E-M10's? Olympus America warrants their new bodies for one year.

--Ken

12. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    New units don't get a 3 year warranty.

13. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Remember that most credit cards provide a warranty extension for anything you buy with the card. They can do this because so few people actually take advantage of it, IMHO.

14. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    For those who feel that refurbished cameras and lenses should carry the same warranty as new units: Are you prepared to pay the same price for the refurb as you would a brand-new item?

In return for the shorter warranty, you're getting a significant break on the price. And right now, you're getting that significant break plus another 20 percent.

Essentially, Olympus is saying if you buy the unit and it's broken when it arrives or if some hidden problem arises in the first few weeks, you're covered. They're promising that they're not selling you a broken piece of equipment. And if they somehow missed something, they'll make it right. I say fair enough.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    This is true, but they usually cap the warranty period match at one year. But this is still a good benefit.

--Ken

16. tortex

tortex New to Mu-43

Feb 15, 2014
    I can confirm the code works on the Canadian site. Bought an E-M1 few minutes ago for CAD 831 (1039 - 20%) plus tax (13% in my case).

17. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    I've heard of this warranty extension but have no clue how to envoke it.

18. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Really good point! The warranty is usually handled through Visa or whatever card company issued the credit card, and I believe you have to file a claim with them.

EM10•GX1•EP1•GF3•9mmBCL•17mm2.8•30mm2.8

19. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Check the fine print. My MasterCard doesn't cover refurbished but my Amex does.

20. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    Capital One simply just doubles the original warranty- so in this case 180 days- not the best warranty but better than nothing.