Showcase Olympus 17mm f/2.8

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
I've orderred a black 17/2.8 for the white E-P5 that lives in my belt pouch. Together, they should look stunning.
I know that this lens gets bashed a lot as not sharp enough, but the many reviewers on Amazon and B&H Photo disagree. Photodo rated its resolving power as almost as good as the 17/1.8. Mostly I'll use it between f/4 and f/8, its sweet band.
Abive all, I'm smitten by the subdued rendering and natural colors I've seen in this showcase.
To my pleasant surprise, the 17mm f/2.8 lens can accept the Olympus LC-37C automatic lens cap; there's a short video showing this combination in operation on YouTube. I can't help but wonder whether more people would choose this lens if they knew.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
I've orderred a black 17/2.8 for the white E-P5 that lives in my belt pouch. Together, they should look stunning.
I know that this lens gets bashed a lot as not sharp enough, but the many reviewers on Amazon and B&H Photo disagree. Photodo rated its resolving power as almost as good as the 17/1.8. Mostly I'll use it between f/4 and f/8, its sweet band.
Abive all, I'm smitten by the subdued rendering and natural colors I've seen in this showcase.
To my pleasant surprise, the 17mm f/2.8 lens can accept the Olympus LC-37C automatic lens cap; there's a short video showing this combination in operation on YouTube. I can't help but wonder whether more people would choose this lens if they knew.
I actually like mine.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Took the 17/2.8 on the PenF for a compact outfit.

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom