Showcase Olympus 17mm f/1.8

D

Deleted member 29303

_4230002-bewerkt-bewerkt.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Little weird :)

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
P1030039-1.jpg

Real Name
Tom Remisoski

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
190713_027_De Lek_DxO.jpg

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Im still reading and looking through this thread, but on most copies do the top right corners seem to be rather soft wide open?

The reviews ive seen seem to point at it on paper, but I havent seen it much in practice. I picked up a dropped, black 17mmF1.8 a few days ago, the filter took the brunt of the fall but it did dent the filter threads. The center is quite sharp, but the top right is pretty rough.

Uploading is being weird, but here are a few test shots.

https://imgur.com/a/nV4PoDo

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
[Image removed due to pending VerticalScope switchover. I do not agree with expanded licensing grab in their Terms of Service.]

Last edited:

ssv1212

Mu-43 Rookie
EP5_MOS-40.jpg

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
Perhaps im expecting more than this lens can deliver. Wide open, are your corners very soft if not smeared and blurry?

I have not noticed that. Problem is when I was looking at some of my photos to see if I could find an example, they either had the corners that were much further off in the distance than the middle subject so the corners were off in the bokah anyway or if it was a flat scene (like a sign or a wall) it wasn't at f/1.8. If I run across an f1.8 I took with this lens and the corners of scene are at the same plane as the middle and so should be reasonably sharp, I will post it.

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
If shooting with a clear blue sky vignetting is very visible on mine. I either work on it in RAW or crop out

It was badly decentered. I bought it with a small dent in the bezel for cheap. If you focus on something in the top right corner, the entire frame is blurry but that corner. Im sending it back for a refund, I ended up buying a grey market new in box for $265.

I actually like the len's natural vignetting, the distortion not so much.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom