1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Test Olympus 17mm f/1.8 Sharpness Series

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Yes, thanks for this info. Glad I seen it as I was debating on the 17 or the panny 25. Confirms my desicion to go with the 25.

2. phlk

phlk Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2014
    London UK
    Hi I have only recently bought the 17mm Olympus having used the original 2.8 on the first Olympus pen, and then the pana 20mm (great but so slow to focus) Like others in this thread I had favoured the 12mm and 45mm then the wonderful 75mm. However having used it now for a few months it has become the lens that I reach for when I go out. Its small, versatile and performs pretty well for me open and stopped down. I'm not into too much testing more what I can get out of it in terms of images. I've been very pleased and happy to share some of the lens results i've achieved on the flckr page here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/phils--photos/sets/72157650267135267/

If you can add this one to your collection and appreciate the focal length I don't believe you will be disappointed

Good shooting

Phil

• Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.