Showcase Olympus 17mm f/1.2 PRO

apete

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Piotr
Did no-one tell you that you cannot take pictures at night with MFT?

My apologies Richard, please let me know if this kind of postprocessing meets mainstream expectations, so I can do better next time ;)

Before:

P1065700.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and after:

P1065700_grain_added.jpg

apete

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Piotr
Our Christmas Tree and 17mm 1.2 front focus ;)

PC245620.jpg

Real Name
Phill
I know these aren't full resolution nor the best examples of what this lens can do, but I thought I'd share them anyways. Last week I received the lens, however it was sitting on my desk for two days until I actually took it out for a quick walk. Maybe my copy of the 17mm f1.8 is particularly bad, but the 17mm Pro wide open is simply amazing, I always knew it would be optically better than its smaller sibling, but not by such an amount. It got obvious from the first files I opened on my computer. The performance of the big Pro lens actually made me do a side-by-side shootout (something I'd have never considered before), I might post those impressions in a different thread.

The Pro has its minimum focusing distance reduced by 5 cm, not much but noticeable. Even more the amount of detail throughout the frame when shot wide open.
P3201181_DxO.jpg

The additional depth of field is more or less just a nice to have feature at this point.
P3201189_DxO.jpg

And a last one again showing a close-up and some distant bokeh, the amount of detail left on the leafs and the bork is actually lost a bit due to the resized export of the image in DXO.
P3201211_DxO.jpg

It was an impulse buy and I had second thoughts right after, however now after having it tried for the first time, I regret nothing. :ninja::whistling:

I know these aren't full resolution nor the best examples of what this lens can do, but I thought I'd share them anyways. Last week I received the lens, however it was sitting on my desk for two days until I actually took it out for a quick walk. Maybe my copy of the 17mm f1.8 is particularly bad, but the 17mm Pro wide open is simply amazing, I always knew it would be optically better than its smaller sibling, but not by such an amount. It got obvious from the first files I opened on my computer. The performance of the big Pro lens actually made me do a side-by-side shootout (something I'd have never considered before), I might post those impressions in a different thread.

The Pro has its minimum focusing distance reduced by 5 cm, not much but noticeable. Even more the amount of detail throughout the frame when shot wide open.

It was an impulse buy and I had second thoughts right after, however now after having it tried for the first time, I regret nothing. :ninja::whistling:

Congrats on your new lens! The close focusing distance makes more versatile than the f/1.8 imo. This and the excellent optical performance and the soft bokeh make it one of my favorite lenses.

Two from yesterday's lunch break walk:
20210324-1303-3240029.jpg

20210324-1321-3240035.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom