1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 17mm 2.8 vs Sigma 19mm 2.8 - Comparisons?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Jonathan F/2, May 5, 2012.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I've given my wife the E-PM1, but I really despise the kit lens and want her to use a prime lens instead. Has anyone compared the Olympus 17mm to the Sigma 19mm yet? They're about the same price if I go with a refurb'ed 17mm or slightly cheaper used. Any experience with both would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Quite a difference in size between the two - but I think focus speed is going to be a fair bit slower on the 17mm. I've not tried the Sigma but I have the 17mm and it's slooooow compared with the newest kit lens. So although the kit lens feels cheap it does focus very fast.

3. Kelton

Kelton Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    You should also consider the 14/2.5. They're about 150 new.

I would probably go with Olympus, but I don't have either lens so...your call!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.