Olympus 15mm Body Cap $49

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Yeah, I got mine from B&H for that price a couple of weeks ago, maybe three?

-Ray

Ditto here - but it was on backorder for a long time. Kept getting apology notes from B&H, but I exercised an unusual degree of patience and was finally rewarded with a delivery.

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
I do not understand why anybody would want a 15mm f8 lens if the kitlens allows the same FL with much better speed ????

C U,
Rafael

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I do not understand why anybody would want a 15mm f8 lens if the kitlens allows the same FL with much better speed ????

C U,
Rafael

Because it is only $45.95 more than a replacement body cap (with the added bonus of being the same size, with a lens built into it).

drp

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David
I ordered one because Santa didn't bring me one. Looks like fun for my short walks.

multicamo

New to Mu-43
Yes it's a neat lens for the price but definitely not one to use in dim lit areas. I picked one up locally.

arentol

Mu-43 Veteran

C U,
Rafael

First you have to understand this isn't a lens that is also a body cap, it is a body cap that is also a lens. You need to think of it that way, and should not be comparing it with lenses. It serves a different primary purpose than they do.

The reason you might want it is because it allows m4/3rds cameras to fit into much smaller spaces than the they do with the kit lens, while still allowing them to be used to take a quick photo if needed without needing to take the time to switch lenses.

Obviously it isn't for everyone, but it does serve a good purpose that many find useful. Also, some people just plain like the low-end look for certain kinds of shots.

Latest threads

Top Bottom