1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus 15mm Body Cap $49

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Aegon, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    • Like Like x 4
  2. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    I think B&H also has these in stock for the same price

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, I got mine from B&H for that price a couple of weeks ago, maybe three?

-Ray

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Ditto here - but it was on backorder for a long time. Kept getting apology notes from B&H, but I exercised an unusual degree of patience and was finally rewarded with a delivery.

5. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    I do not understand why anybody would want a 15mm f8 lens if the kitlens allows the same FL with much better speed ????

C U,
    Rafael

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Because it is only $45.95 more than a replacement body cap (with the added bonus of being the same size, with a lens built into it).

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    There have been a couple of threads on this already. There are reasons that are very good ones for some people and totally useless for others. I quite like it but its not for everyone.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    I ordered one because Santa didn't bring me one. Looks like fun for my short walks.

9. multicamo

multicamo New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2012
    Yes it's a neat lens for the price but definitely not one to use in dim lit areas. I picked one up locally.

10. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    But where do you find an $89.00 lens hood for it?:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. peak4

peak4 Mu-43 Rookie

Consider yourselves lucky, I've just checked Amazon UK where it is £67.27, equating to over $100 Ouch

12. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    First you have to understand this isn't a lens that is also a body cap, it is a body cap that is also a lens. You need to think of it that way, and should not be comparing it with lenses. It serves a different primary purpose than they do.

The reason you might want it is because it allows m4/3rds cameras to fit into much smaller spaces than the they do with the kit lens, while still allowing them to be used to take a quick photo if needed without needing to take the time to switch lenses.

Obviously it isn't for everyone, but it does serve a good purpose that many find useful. Also, some people just plain like the low-end look for certain kinds of shots.