1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 15mm Body Cap $49

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Aegon, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    • Like Like x 4
  2. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    I think B&H also has these in stock for the same price

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, I got mine from B&H for that price a couple of weeks ago, maybe three?

-Ray

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Ditto here - but it was on backorder for a long time. Kept getting apology notes from B&H, but I exercised an unusual degree of patience and was finally rewarded with a delivery.

5. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    I do not understand why anybody would want a 15mm f8 lens if the kitlens allows the same FL with much better speed ????

C U,
    Rafael

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Because it is only $45.95 more than a replacement body cap (with the added bonus of being the same size, with a lens built into it).

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    There have been a couple of threads on this already. There are reasons that are very good ones for some people and totally useless for others. I quite like it but its not for everyone.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    I ordered one because Santa didn't bring me one. Looks like fun for my short walks.

9. multicamo

multicamo New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2012
    Yes it's a neat lens for the price but definitely not one to use in dim lit areas. I picked one up locally.

10. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    But where do you find an $89.00 lens hood for it?:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. peak4

peak4 Mu-43 Rookie

Consider yourselves lucky, I've just checked Amazon UK where it is £67.27, equating to over $100 Ouch

12. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    First you have to understand this isn't a lens that is also a body cap, it is a body cap that is also a lens. You need to think of it that way, and should not be comparing it with lenses. It serves a different primary purpose than they do.

The reason you might want it is because it allows m4/3rds cameras to fit into much smaller spaces than the they do with the kit lens, while still allowing them to be used to take a quick photo if needed without needing to take the time to switch lenses.

Obviously it isn't for everyone, but it does serve a good purpose that many find useful. Also, some people just plain like the low-end look for certain kinds of shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.