Olympus 15/8 review at SLRGear

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dhazeghi, Dec 21, 2012.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    SLRGear has posted a review of the Olympus body cap lens, including sharpness, distortion, CA and vignetting charts. Not that this is a lens where it makes a whole lot of sense to worry about MTFs, but there it is!
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    If I ever looked at that kind of data, I wouldn't in this case. And since I generally don't, I'm not gonna start for this lens...

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    They field tested it on a Panasonic camera. This must be the reason they claimed you would get a, "lens not found" message on an Olympus camera. Makes me wonder about the rest of the review. :rolleyes:
  4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read that! :)

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    They seem to accept the lens for what it is and find it interesting. They recommend it as good implementation of a simple concept. The data is interesting, a sharp spot in the center and then it softens to the edges. They almost seem surprised that such a simple lens could be as good as it is.

Me, I like the 15 mostly for the fuss it causes and the nice images I've seen made with it. ;-)
  6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Being me, I know I'd regret that I didn't use a better lens when a picture taken with the 15/8 cap turns out to be a keeper.