Olympus 14-54mm II question

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
I have this newly-refurbished lens attached through the adapter to the OM-D. It makes a clicking or twisting-type noise when turning the zoom (only when the camera is turned on). Is this normal or is it something about which to worry? None of my m4/3 lens makes any noise, and neither does the 4/3 40-150mm lens that I have.

BarefootPilgrim

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bob
Ooooo... I think I would worry. My 14-54 II doesn't make a sound when turning the zoom on any of my 4/3 or m4/3 bodies.

Perhaps an email to Olympus support might shed some light? If you do, let us know what you find.

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
Good idea, Bob, I have just sent them an e-mail.

I'm still interested in other people's experiences with this particular lens to get a better sense of whether this has any precedents. It is a bit large on the OM-D, but from the few test photos has quite nice qualities.

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
Update

This morning, for a lark, I tried the 14-54 II on the Panasonic G3 body. Lo and behold, it did not make the noise at all!

So, I remounted it on the OM-D and the lens makes the noise. (It is clearly the lens and not the body itself.)

I am using the same MMF-2 adapter and so it must have something to do with the interface between the OM-D and lens.

Any ideas?

EP1-GF1

Mu-43 Veteran
Could this be in any way related to the aperture rattle that some Panasonic lenses make on Olympus bodies?

Is the noise there if you move the zoom while you point the camera at a light source, or with the lens cap on?

Latest threads

Top Bottom