Olympus 14-54mm f2.8-3.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by someone466, Sep 15, 2011.

1. someone466

someone466 New to Mu-43

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi guys, I am looking forward to the new fast zoom lenses that Panasonic is going to release next year.
    If you are like me and want something now, I made a little video about the Olympus 4/3 lens on my GH2.
    Sorry for my nasal voice ;-)

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LA_QF69gk]Olympus GH2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Thanks for the video. I agree that the optics are excellent. And while it is bigger than most m4/3 lenses it's not a lot larger than the 14-140 and handles very well on the G and GH bodies.

I have the mk2 version on my GH2 and the focusing is significantly better than in your video. My lens isn't much slower than the native 20mm. Definately not a sports lens but im having no problems using it at weddings as my standard af zoom. So while the mk1 is good and cheap, I'm personally very happy that I spent the extra on the mk2 version. I'm sure though that manual focus junkies will be very happy to save the money and get the mk1.

Gordon

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Agree with the video. The 14-54mkI is effectively a manual focus lens at current speeds. The AF is strictly for stationary objects. I'd be curious to know how fast the 14-54mk2 is on the newer bodies (GH2, G3, E-P3 etc.). I'm hanging on to a 12-60 right now in the perhaps vain hope that they'll eventually get this sorted out (right now the 12mm is mainly for reference - none of the micro lenses I've tried can match it at the wide end for sharpness).

DH

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This is still one of my favorite standard zooms. It may look large next to the kit zoom, but I don't know of any fast 2.8 aperture zooms which are this compact. I love the look on the Canon guys' faces when I show them this lens and tell them what it is... they're like, "wow, that's so compact!".