Olympus 14-54mm f2.8-3.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by someone466, Sep 15, 2011.

1. someone466

someone466 New to Mu-43

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi guys, I am looking forward to the new fast zoom lenses that Panasonic is going to release next year.
    If you are like me and want something now, I made a little video about the Olympus 4/3 lens on my GH2.
    Sorry for my nasal voice ;-)

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LA_QF69gk]Olympus GH2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Thanks for the video. I agree that the optics are excellent. And while it is bigger than most m4/3 lenses it's not a lot larger than the 14-140 and handles very well on the G and GH bodies.

I have the mk2 version on my GH2 and the focusing is significantly better than in your video. My lens isn't much slower than the native 20mm. Definately not a sports lens but im having no problems using it at weddings as my standard af zoom. So while the mk1 is good and cheap, I'm personally very happy that I spent the extra on the mk2 version. I'm sure though that manual focus junkies will be very happy to save the money and get the mk1.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Agree with the video. The 14-54mkI is effectively a manual focus lens at current speeds. The AF is strictly for stationary objects. I'd be curious to know how fast the 14-54mk2 is on the newer bodies (GH2, G3, E-P3 etc.). I'm hanging on to a 12-60 right now in the perhaps vain hope that they'll eventually get this sorted out (right now the 12mm is mainly for reference - none of the micro lenses I've tried can match it at the wide end for sharpness).

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This is still one of my favorite standard zooms. It may look large next to the kit zoom, but I don't know of any fast 2.8 aperture zooms which are this compact. I love the look on the Canon guys' faces when I show them this lens and tell them what it is... they're like, "wow, that's so compact!".