1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 (mk.II) - price reduction

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by silversx80, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silversx80

silversx80 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    North Carolina
    Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 (mk.II) - Final price reduction

I didn't think I'd ever sell this lens, but I'm deciding to jump fully into :43:, with both feet. My nice-glass-niche will have to be fulfilled by fast primes, instead of fast zooms.

Like the title says, I have a 14-54mm mk.II, which IS the CDAF-enabled version. I'm the original owner, and purchased the lens in 2009. The lens comes with all original hood, bag, front and rear caps, box and packaging. It may also come with original warranty card and literature, if I can remember where I stored them. This was my first HG lens, and is a wonderful example of how well Olympus can make a fast zoom.

Condition is excellent. There are minor scuffs in the normal spots from the hood, lens cap and mounting to the camera body. There are some very minor, superficial scuffs on the hood from my wedding ring (you would need to look for them in direct light). I have never used a filter on this lens, but I have always had caps on the ends that were not in use. Never been in inclement weather, despite its weather-sealed pedigree. Front and rear elements are perfect, zoom action is nice and smooth. If you hold your hand near the rear element, when retracting the lens from 54mm to 14mm, you can even feel a puff of air because of the weather seals.

This is a difficult lens to find, and is in terrific condition. As such I'm asking $400 US shipped standard ground and insured, CONUS.

I will also consider trading for the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 plus $80 US.

PM me with questions or offers. Now, on to the pics of the lens, which I took May 9, 2012 (the date of this OP).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  3. silversx80

silversx80 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    North Carolina
    I agree, the lens is a fantastic zoom, but I think the price was a little off :wink:. I scoped around and figure that, from what I can tell, $410 shipped CONUS (standard ground) and insured is a more fair price.

4. silversx80

silversx80 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    North Carolina
    Bump, for final price reduction. I'll let the ad camp out until the end of the week, then to ebay it goes.

5. silversx80

silversx80 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Apr 27, 2012
    North Carolina
    Well, it was a crazy weekend and the lens is not yet up on Ebay. I'll give it another couple days here before I finally commit to the world of overpriced online auctions.

Make me an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.