Olympus 14-150mm @ unbelievable price (Canada)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by strang, Aug 2, 2012.

1. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Not to burst your bubble...cameta camera has these refurbished for $329 shipped in the US (though if you're in Canada your link is still a pretty good deal compared to buying new!).

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for posting this. It led me to Cameta, and I bought directly there since I'm in the US. Either way, we're getting a terrific price. The best price on the non-refurb lens is $599, almost double what I paid, and I've already used this lens enough to know I like it a lot!

Here's the direct link for those in the US ($329 with free shipping):
    <a href="http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-6066856-11027432?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cameta.com%2FOlympus-M-Zuiko-14-150mm-f-4-0-5-6-Micro-ED-Digital-Zoom-Lens-Factory-Demo-60908.cfm&cjsku=60908" target="_blank">
    Olympus M.Zuiko 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Micro ED Digital Zoom Lens - Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty</a>[​IMG]

4. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    In hindsight I should have checked Cameta directly. Didn't think they would undersell their eBay listing.

That's okay, like you said it's a huge savings than what I would have been able to find locally or in the classifieds.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Yeah, I figure the free shipping directly from their site is their way to somewhat offset their ebay costs. Either way they have bar none the best prices on refurbished Oly gear.

6. goodsonr

goodsonr Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2011
    hurrumph .... on ebay its $350 lens + $33 shipping. On their web is $330 lens + $45 shipping .. even though the shipping method is exactly the same. So while it is still cheaper on their website overall, I'm kinda "miffed" that they fiddle the price of the shipping.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That is annoying, and I can't see why it would cost them that much to ship anyway.

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I think the OP is having it go to Canada, thus the added cost (note he linked to ebay.ca in the original post).

9. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Based on my experience with shipping via USPS express mail, I would bet the ebay shipping cost is probably not accounting for everything, or is using a different weight. I know the actual cost would be closer to $45 than to $33 via Express mail for sure.

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I figured that, but I have sold lenses to folks in Canada many times, and it never cost me that much to ship. For a relatively light lens insured for a few hundred bucks, I'm usually looking at no more than $15 in the US and $25 to Canada (Priority Mail with insurance). I would think these vendors would get cheaper shipping prices than an amateur Ebayer like me.

EDIT: Just saw that you said based on your experience shipping USPS Express, which would explain the cost. Much pricier than Priority.

11. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    It's the $10 eBay fee :)