1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus 14-150mm F4-5.6 II is splash proof

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by TassieFig, Jan 21, 2015.

1. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
    • Like Like x 3
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aha - new option for kit lens to go along with the E-M5II. You can probably replace both your 12-50 and 40-150R with it.

3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    this is good news! A splash proof travel zoom definitely makes sense... Just wondering if there is going to be a premium for the weather sealing.

4. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I've loved the existing 14-150 as a snapshot/travel lens, but wanted something rain-proof for my hiking photos. This is a really great piece of news.

5. halfhand

halfhand Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2013
    Cool!
    But it will still have external zooming, right?
    I would love if it was fixed, like the 12-50 or the Panasonic 45-175.
    But a 14-150 splashproof is certainly a great match... Let's wait foir price and weight, it looks wider... Actually it looks premium and expensive.

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    That's simply terrible news. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Now I have a version 1 lens that I don't use that I'll be wanting to sell to buy version 2 of the same lens...that I won't use. :biggrin:

What I really need is for Panasonic to make their 20mm splash proof - since version 1 of that lens is my everyday carry lens on the E-M5 a rain proof version of that would have me salivating.

:2thumbs:

Nice that Olympus is working on weather proofed lenses, tho.

Regards,

Jim

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Weather resistance is exactly what the doctor ordered for any superzoom lens. The 14-150 is what you take when you're unsure exactly what kind of situation you'll find yourself in. WR is tailor-made for that. Great news. Now... price tag please?